Crimson Gem Saga Officially Announced for PSP

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Feb 22, 2009.

Feb 22, 2009
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    [​IMG]

"Atlus announced plans to bring Crimson Gem Saga, a Korean RPG, to North American PSP gamers. The game, which is known as Garnet Chronicle in Japan and Astonishia Story 2 in Korea, promises "lush hand-drawn visuals, an engaging fantasy tale, and an easy-to-use interface."

No other details or assets were released. Crimson Gem Saga is scheduled for release on May 26, 2009 with an MSRP of $29.99. Stay tuned for more details when we get them."

Source

2. fateastray

Member fateastray GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    You can already play this game in English, the ASIA version is also called Crimsongem Saga and it's in English. A piss poor translation full of errors and internet-language such as "OMG", but playable. The story is, however, horrible. Absolutely horrible.

3. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I'm sure the real English translation will be good!

4. fateastray

Member fateastray GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    The story could've been ruined by the translation (The dialogues sure were), so I hope it will be good, the art and graphics are so-so, but not bad. One thing that really let me down, were the loading times. On a 2D RPG. Tales of Eternia and Disgaea nailed it with pretty much NO loading times, but this one has 'em, and they were long. The battle system has pro's AND con's. PRO -> Fast, know exactly the order of attacking, and the game is difficult. CON's -> the battle interface is cluttered, with the obscure icons in different switchable rows. And the MOST annoying thing is (Jewel summoner did this too!) that when you put the PSP on standby, the ingame-clock keeps ticking. Start the game, go to bed, wake up, power on, GAMEPLAY 16 hours. (i tend to sleep long..)

It's a hit-or-miss thing, but since Astonishia Story was mediocre at best, I'd rather not get my hopes up for this, but then again, this was based on a HORRIBLE translation.

You should try it to fully understand my point.

...And I only wanted to type 'lol' just now..

Yeah, don't reply with more than 1 sentence in the future, I'd have to get a publisher.