Hacking Crediar to release newer version of QuadForce...

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For some reason I can't use cheat codes with quadforce anymore, last time they worked for me was QF2.0 but now if I try any game the codes won't work, I'm using QF4.0 btw (SD), I have created a folder named "sneek" on the roots of the SD and inside it two files "kenobigc.bin" and "quadforce.bin" I use USB Loader GX, I have the codes saved as txt files in the "codes" folder on the roots of the SD (same with DM which work just fine) and I create the gci files using GX, what am I doing wrong?

P.S. There's a possibility I might be using kenobigc.bin and quadforce.bin from QF4.1 instead, does this have anything to do with it? I will point that the codes didn't work with QF4.1 either, though F-Zero suffers really bad loading times and crashes a lot in 4.1 which is why I switched back to 4.0, thanks!
I do not have any problems with loading times or crashes on QF 4.1

Do you have the latest beta of USBL GX?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5vfc6o3pkv92omu/R1215_IOS222-249-250.7z

Reactions: sonictopfan

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I do not have any problems with loading times or crashes on QF 4.1

Do you have the latest beta of USBL GX?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5vfc6o3pkv92omu/R1215_IOS222-249-250.7z
Thanks will try this when I get the chance, but I really doubt it would fix the issue with F-Zero, when QF2.0 came out I had issues with the game as well, at first I thought I was doing something wrong until QF3.0 came out and said they fixed a bug with this game that happens on newer consoles so it make sense that the issue I'm experiencing you may not be experiencing as well.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for double post, using cheat codes work for me now, turned out I did a mistake in naming kenobigc.bin which caused QF not to see it but now it works fine.

As for F-Zero it still runs really slow from USB, it's just as if the cluster size was an issue but it is formatted to Fat32 32k cluster and all GC games run fine so I really don't get it, any recommended cluster size for this game that makes it run faster from USB? Maybe I can record a video showing the performance for the same game on both SD and USB this weekend if I don't get it fixed by then.

Reactions: Hielkenator

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry for double post, using cheat codes work for me now, turned out I did a mistake in naming kenobigc.bin which caused QF not to see it but now it works fine.

As for F-Zero it still runs really slow from USB, it's just as if the cluster size was an issue but it is formatted to Fat32 32k cluster and all GC games run fine so I really don't get it, any recommended cluster size for this game that makes it run faster from USB? Maybe I can record a video showing the performance for the same game on both SD and USB this weekend if I don't get it fixed by then.

Tried a HDD maintenance?
FYI, SuperMarioKart GP has some hitches when presented with the player select screen.
Maybe it's unrelated but who knows?
Other than that, No problems concerning frame rates.
As of loading times, they can be long compared to "normal" DIOSMIOS GC games I suppose....

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried a HDD maintenance?
FYI, SuperMarioKart GP has some hitches when presented with the player select screen.
Maybe it's unrelated but who knows?
Other than that, No problems concerning frame rates.
As of loading times, they can be long compared to "normal" DIOSMIOS GC games I suppose....
No my issue with F-Zero is nothing like the lag in Mario Kart, besides that same lag happens when loaded from SD as well, F-Zero on the other hand works just perfect if loaded from the SD but lags like fuck if loaded from USB, like I said it's as if the cluster size is incorrect.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
No my issue with F-Zero is nothing like the lag in Mario Kart, besides that same lag happens when loaded from SD as well, F-Zero on the other hand works just perfect if loaded from the SD but lags like fuck if loaded from USB, like I said it's as if the cluster size is incorrect.
I suggest giving defraggler a try. It might take a long while but it'll be worth it if you do a full defrag, this program has by far exceeded my expectations and has helped defrag files other programs leave behind. You can also defrag just the individual F-Zero ISO or quick defrag so it won't take so long, believe me I've seen how ISO files can be fragmented in as much as 630+ parts. Devo logging helped me find out about this cuz I was having problems with Ikaruga.

Overseer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since it will probably take anyone besides me quite some time to figure those codes out I quickly put them together:

Code:
Time set (COM)  1-byte, 804768E0
Time set (VS)  1-byte, 804768E1

00    1'15"
01    1'20"
02    1'25"
03    1'30"
04    1'45"
05    2'00"
06    2'15"
07    2'30"
08    3'00"
09    4'00"
0A    5'00"

Game difficulty 1-byte, 804768DC

00    very easy
01    easy
02    normal
03    hard
04    hardest

Virtual time 1-byte, 804768DD

00    2 hour
01    4 hour
02    real

Event mode 1-byte, 804768DE

00    Off
01    On
Can someone help me out with these please? I have no idea how to get them working

dj_skual

Code & Mix
Trophies
Website
sourceforge.net
XP
Country
France
Code:
GVS46E
Virtua Striker 4 ver.2006 [TRIFORCE]

Time Set (COM) [crediar]
004768E0 000000XX

Time Set (VS) [crediar]
004768E1 000000XX

* Replace XX in the 2 codes above by the desired value
00    1'15"
01    1'20"
02    1'25"
03    1'30"
04    1'45"
05    2'00"
06    2'15"
07    2'30"
08    3'00"
09    4'00"
0A    5'00"

Game difficulty [crediar]
004768DC 000000XX

* Replace XX in the code above by the desired value
00    very easy
01    easy
02    normal
03    hard
04    hardest

Virtual time [crediar]
004768DD 000000XX

00    2 hour
01    4 hour
02    real

Event mode [crediar]
004768DE 000000XX

00    Off
01    On

If you want to set the time limit to whatever you want you can do this.
Set 804768E0 or 804768E1 to 0 and then write the time to 80247B5C as a 4-byte.
ie. 5mins ( 5 * 60 * 60 ) is 18000 in hex 0x00004650.
so the code is:
Time Set (COM) [crediar]
004768E0 00000000
04247B5C 00004650

hope this can help you

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I suggest giving defraggler a try. It might take a long while but it'll be worth it if you do a full defrag, this program has by far exceeded my expectations and has helped defrag files other programs leave behind. You can also defrag just the individual F-Zero ISO or quick defrag so it won't take so long, believe me I've seen how ISO files can be fragmented in as much as 630+ parts. Devo logging helped me find out about this cuz I was having problems with Ikaruga.
I'll be damned, that actually worked :wtf:

Reactions: MassiveRican

aur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
does anyone know if card support for F-Zero is likely to happen?

(or did i miss something?)

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone know if card support for F-Zero is likely to happen?

(or did i miss something?)

We already know it's happening at some point, these things just take time, I suppose. Maybe he's working on Memory Card support for F-Zero AX. It seems like that's really appealing for people at this point, perhaps that's the reason for the delay.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Knowing crediar, he's most probably busy with something else at the moment (not that I'm either going to mention it, let alone talk about it and trust me, it'll be worth waiting for until it's release).

Although... for the time being, we'll just have to play the waiting game until we hear or see anything new.

Edit: By the way...
  • For s/uneek2o only replace 00000008.app within the emuNAND
  • Although for s/uneek only place quadforce.bin in the sneek folder
also, when using s/uneek2o... if 00000008.app hasn't been replaced and quadforce.bin is in the sneek folder, it will use the MIOS from the actual NAND.

C.AntonioFalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'd also like the next release to allow the spin attack to be done (to do it in AX, you should hold both L and R and steer, but this version of Quadforce won't detect if both L and R buttons are pushed).

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd also like the next release to allow the spin attack to be done (to do it in AX, you should hold both L and R and steer, but this version of Quadforce won't detect if both L and R buttons are pushed).
AX arcade machines allow this? I've never seen one, let alone played one so I don't know...

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knowing crediar, he's most probably busy with something else at the moment (not that I'm either going to mention it, let alone talk about it and trust me, it'll be worth waiting for until it's release).

Although... for the time being, we'll just have to play the waiting game until we hear or see anything new.

Edit: By the way...
  • For s/uneek2o only replace 00000008.app within the emuNAND
  • Although for s/uneek only place quadforce.bin in the sneek folder
also, when using s/uneek2o... if 00000008.app hasn't been replaced and quadforce.bin is in the sneek folder, it will use the MIOS from the actual NAND.

thats probably why my wii is turning off when loading a quadforce game with emunand. will have to test later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: As long as you're not going hungry, it's nice to share things with your friends +1