Creator of Caisses DS "dead"?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Boy12, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Boy12
    OP

Boy12 NOT a new member!

Mar 8, 2012
    Netherlands
    Purmerend
    So i downloaded the game Caisses DS of qj.net and i was hooked!
    It's basicly a Sokoban clone, and yeah that's also one of my favorite games.
    So i looked who the creator of the game was, his username is kukulcan (his site is http://kukulcan.dev-fr.org/).
    I looked at the site, and it appears he is "dead" in terms of being in the scene, his last post was in 2009 :( .
    Does anybody know's if he is still online under some other account or something? Because i like his homebrews very much!
    Thank's in advance!

2. Magsor

Magsor I am watching you

Dec 1, 2010
    Canada
    Amos
    Well down in the page you can see that the page was created by Jerome Wax.
    If you google this name You can very see that he is active on social media and he could very be Kukulekan.

3. smealum

smealum growing up sucks.

May 1, 2006
    United States
    SF
    no Jerome Wax is someone else, his nick is (was ?) X-Blaster and he made Meteora (another DS homebrew game) but he's not Kukulcan.

4. Boy12
    OP

Boy12 NOT a new member!

Mar 8, 2012
    Netherlands
    Purmerend
    Alright, thanks for the info smealum :)
    Offtopic: do you know the name of the music that play's in Caisses DS?
    I think he got it from modarchive.org, but i'm not sure.

5. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
  6. Boy12
    OP

Boy12 NOT a new member!

Mar 8, 2012
    Netherlands
    Purmerend
    Allright, thanks.
    I think he is still active, because from what i can read (i can speak French a little bit), i can see that he was last online on 19 may (the previous month).
    Oh, and for the music, i'm gonna rip it from the rom when i have time (well when i'm not lazy as always xD).
    If you want it, just post it here, and i'll PM you.
    EDIT: Yes, he indeed created some good homebrews, it's very sad that he left the scene, i first played Caisses DS when i was 7 i think (2007) on a 62 in 1 card that you find in Thailand and other countries like that, so it's kind of nostalgia for me. Oh and i decided to rip the music, because it bring's such a nostalgic feeling back, and it's just really good to listen to.
    Thank's for reading, and game on :yaysp:!

7. Boy12
    OP

Boy12 NOT a new member!

Mar 8, 2012
    Netherlands
    Purmerend
    Oh and 1 more question:
    Is DS homebrew dead in general?
    Because it look's like there are less and less homebrew's released (and right now there hasn't be a homebrew for a least a year i think).
    Or am i just looking in the wrong place?
    Anyway, thanks!

8. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    most devs will argue that it isn't dead. gamers will say its dead, but really it just isn't the popular thing to code for any longer. the smart phone, tables, android, and ios took a lot of devs away from the ds and psp scenes. there are still projects being worked on. have you checked out the portal ds thread? i am also constantly pushing jayenkai to release a new jnk plat for the ds. a few weeks ago i convinced him to downscale some graphics for one of this pc games. maybe we will get something new from him. alekmaul moved on to GCW development but he did leave by saying he would eventually release a working entex adventure vision emu and a port of the sega cd game heart of the alien. hopefully, with luck, all of those will get released one day soon.

even though i know the ds scene is over, i have high hopes for possible future projects.

-another world