Hacking creating WBFS partition without wiping other partitions

hughjass

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
Sorry to ask this, I'm sure you're all going to flame me, but I have searched, and there's such a ridiculous amount of topics about the USB loader that's it's made it hard find the answer to my question.

So, my question is, if I create a partition on my ext hd with partition magic, can I then just format that partition, and not the rest of my hd, with the usb loader? I want to keep the rest of my HD for all my other PC stuff.

Thanks for your help.

hughjass

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
what do you mean? do you mean how would I create a new partition? Easy! Magic! (See what I did there?
wink2.gif
)

...Ok, that was a bit lame.

Also, which usb loader would you guys recommend? I've seen so many different versions, well, different 'gui's', shall we say. I don't which one is easiest for functionality, or are they all pretty much the same?

DPyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also have a 320gb external hdd and do not wish to lose all the stuff on my hdd. I've been out of the loop for awhile and dunno where to start with this usb loader.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can do a partition and keep your data on the HDD, you need to back your info up, do the partition and then put the data back into the HDD...!!
smile.gif

DPyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bad news...my hard drive got corrupt and I lost all data on it....Is it possible to dump decrypted wii discs with usb loader, all my isos were on that hdd and I only have the burned copies left.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think theres a thread on dumping decrypted iso's to wbfs that someone posted only recently - check the last 3 pages on wii hacking and ull find it.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
vista has disc tools that can safely create new partitions withoutdeleting data (shrink volume it calls it) but it's SUPER slow as it first defrags everything without telling u how long that will take..

pezza313

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe im in the situation. I have a WD 500gb HDD and i have followed SonyUSA's little guide Guide: NTFS/WBFS Dual Partition. I also am one that does not want to lose all my data and so far i am up to his step 14 or 14.5.
I have a NTFS primary partitioned drive labelled H: for all my data and then i also have a partitioned drive labelled I: with 30gb that i want to use with this new USB Loader.

I'm just wondering if I use these steps:
QUOTE said:
13) Open a command prompt (Start>Run>cmd) and navigate to your WBFS folder. (I'm using wbfsTOOLv14)
14) Type 'wbfs_win.exe Z init' but replace Z with your new WBFS partition drive letter and press enter.
Will I format just the partition or my whole hdd?
sorry to seem like a n00b

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."