Emulation Creating goomba splash screens?

roxas_kh2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a noob, and I cant figure out how to create goomba splash screens. All I have is the default XG2_lite.raw splash, and thats it. can someone pls help?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I am a noob, and I cant figure out how to create goomba splash screens. All I have is the default XG2_lite.raw splash, and thats it. can someone pls help?
I'm an expert in this.
I use an app called BIMBO v1.3 to convert my 240x160 256 color (indexed) bitmaps into .bin files. Leave the Graphics mode at 3, and choose your Dithering preference. Export it to a .bin file.

Then when you are in the Goomba Front GUI, go to select a Splash Screen file and where it says *.raw, change that to All Files (*.*) and choose the .bin you made.

And that's it! Compile your ROM, and it should show for about 2 seconds at boot.

One tip I do though is I set the brightness up by 1 in BIMBO, and that way it looks correct on the GBA screen.

roxas_kh2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm an expert in this.
I use an app called BIMBO v1.3 to convert my 240x160 256 color (indexed) bitmaps into .bin files. Leave the Graphics mode at 3, and choose your Dithering preference. Export it to a .bin file.

Then when you are in the Goomba Front GUI, go to select a Splash Screen file and where it says *.raw, change that to All Files (*.*) and choose the .bin you made.

And that's it! Compile your ROM, and it should show for about 2 seconds at boot.

One tip I do though is I set the brightness up by 1 in BIMBO, and that way it looks correct on the GBA screen.
Thanks, it works perfectly ^_^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Warm balls in the winter +2