The Temp Loaf'
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Basically, I followed the region changing guide, created a fresh emuNAND, downgraded the emuNAND from 11.1 to 9.2 (It's still European region) my goal is to have a JPN EmuNAND along side a EU SysNAND as the console it's self is EU/PAL. I followed the guide, I eventually managed to boot into the emuNAND but it's still EU.. I didn't do any formats prior to doing so. But now the gift wrapping bug is happening on SysNAND which is annoying to have to unwrap and re-organise many titles.. So I'm guessing it's because they're linked? Thanks~

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, I followed the region changing guide, created a fresh emuNAND, downgraded the emuNAND from 11.1 to 9.2 (It's still European region) my goal is to have a JPN EmuNAND along side a EU SysNAND as the console it's self is EU/PAL. I followed the guide, I eventually managed to boot into the emuNAND but it's still EU.. I didn't do any formats prior to doing so. But now the gift wrapping bug is happening on SysNAND which is annoying to have to unwrap and re-organise many titles.. So I'm guessing it's because they're linked? Thanks~

Followed the holy bible region-changing guide? That's weird that you would still have EU for emuNAND. Definitely retry it, and the gift wrapping bug is due to them being linked, so a format with either TinyFormat or System Settings would suffice.

I've region-changed with the old way and new way and haven't got any errors so far.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Followed the holy bible region-changing guide? That's weird that you would still have EU for emuNAND. Definitely retry it, and the gift wrapping bug is due to them being linked, so a format with either TinyFormat or System Settings would suffice.

I've region-changed with the old way and new way and haven't got any errors so far.

That is correct, I'll probably re-tomorrow. So would I do the format on the emuNAND then? I'm guessing?

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Yea, either one is fine, but do emuNAND in your case.

Okay so after formatting (the EmuNAND is already on 9.2) - I re-try the guide, yes?

Can I clone my SysNAND to EmuNAND after formatting it so I can have my games etc on there?

Last edited by proflayton123,

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so after formatting (the EmuNAND is already on 9.2) - I re-try the guide, yes?

Can I clone my SysNAND to EmuNAND after formatting it so I can have my games etc on there?

I would just start fresh on a emuNAND tbh (but yes re-do it after)

Umm.. that would mean that your emuNAND will still be E but yes, you can clone your sysNAND to emuNAND as well and all should be fine.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
I would just start fresh on a emuNAND tbh (but yes re-do it after)

Umm.. that would mean that your emuNAND will still be E but yes, you can clone your sysNAND to emuNAND as well and all should be fine.

I mean after formatting and cloning it, would I then be able to region change? If so that'd be ideal

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean after formatting and cloning it, would I then be able to region change? If so that'd be ideal

This is why I advised to unlink the NNID prior to region change.

Yep you got it, all the tools needed will have both Sys and Emu options. Also unlink your NNID prior to region change.

Not sure about eShop, I think it will work (may need to do 3 card trick), but don't think you will be able to have 2 NNIDs on that console (EUR on Sys, JAP on Emu).

Basically what you want to do is the following:
0) Keep any backups (of NAND and Nintendo 3DS folder of SD) prior to starting this until you end up with a satisfactory setup
1) Unlink NNID from sysNAND and make a backup
2) Create an EmuNAND cloning sysNAND and make a backup of the Nintendo 3DS folder
3) Unlink the EmuNAND from SysNAND by formatting the EmuNAND
4) Restore contents of backed up 3DS folder by copying and merging together, you should now have 2 folders in there (this means emu and sys are unlinked)
5) Start with Plailect guide on emuNAND to region change

Once all is done, re-link the NNID on sysnand. YOU CANNOT CLONE SYS to EMU after as it will Re-link the movable.sed which is the seed used to create the 3DS folder, so you will be working on same directories again (essentially re-linking).

If you want them to be complete duplicate, install freeshop on emunand and re-download the games from sysnand on emunand. After extract saves from sysnand using JKSM and inject them into the emunand games.

Good luck, let me know if you have any questions.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
This is why I advised to unlink the NNID prior to region change.

Basically what you want to do is the following:
0) Keep any backups (of NAND and Nintendo 3DS folder of SD) prior to starting this until you end up with a satisfactory setup
1) Unlink NNID from sysNAND and make a backup
2) Create an EmuNAND cloning sysNAND and make a backup of the Nintendo 3DS folder
3) Unlink the EmuNAND from SysNAND by formatting the EmuNAND
4) Restore contents of backed up 3DS folder by copying and merging together, you should now have 2 folders in there (this means emu and sys are unlinked)
5) Start with Plailect guide on emuNAND to region change

Once all is done, re-link the NNID on sysnand. YOU CANNOT CLONE SYS to EMU after as it will Re-link the movable.sed which is the seed used to create the 3DS folder, so you will be working on same directories again (essentially re-linking).

If you want them to be complete duplicate, install freeshop on emunand and re-download the games from sysnand on emunand. After extract saves from sysnand using JKSM and inject them into the emunand games.

Good luck, let me know if you have any questions.

That's very confusing for me >.> how do I unlink NNID from SysNAND?

How to unlink EmuNAND NNID?

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's very confusing for me >.> how do I unlink NNID from SysNAND?

How to unlink EmuNAND NNID?

Do a system format on sysnand, since you will do this prior to creating emunand you will not need to unlink NNID on emunand, BUT you will need to unlink the movable seed (this is the key which sets the naming convention and encryption of the files in the alphan/numeric folder in the Nintendo 3DS folder of your SD card) so do a system format on emunand once it is created.

After you complete the setup and have both sysnand and emunand created, you can log back into to your NNID on sysnand by going to system settings -> nintendo id -> link existing ID (re-link your nintendo ID). Then re-inject the backup of your sysnand prior to doing the system format and re-copy the nintendo 3DS folder.

If you need I can write a guide with specific steps, and which tools to use, when I get home in 2.5 hours?

Last edited by el_gonz87,

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Do a system format on sysnand, since you will do this prior to creating emunand you will not need to unlink NNID on emunand, BUT you will need to unlink the movable seed (this is the key which sets the naming convention and encryption of the files in the alphan/numeric folder in the Nintendo 3DS folder of your SD card) so do a system format on emunand once it is created.

After you complete the setup and have both sysnand and emunand created, you can log back into to your NNID on sysnand by going to system settings -> nintendo id -> link existing ID (re-link your nintendo ID). Then re-inject the backup of your sysnand prior to doing the system format and re-copy the nintendo 3DS folder.

I'm again confused

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan

I'm again confused

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan

I'm again confused

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guide to Create Region Changed EmuNAND and Still Have NNID on SysNAND:

What you will need
Hourglass9 payload in sdmc:/luma/payloads named "y_Hourglass9.bin"
Decrypt9WIP payload in sdmc:/luma/payloads named "x_Decrypt9WIP.bin"
GodMode9 payload in sdmc:/luma/payloads named "up_GodMode9.bin"
Emunand9 payload in sdmc:/luma/payloads named "b_Emunand9.bin"

Part I - Backup SysNAND

1) Boot into Hourglass9 by holding "y" button at the time of boot.
2) Select "SysNAND Backup/Restore..." -> "SysNAND Backup" -> Press A to name "NAND.bin" -> Enter Button Combination to Start Process.
3) Copy all contents of SD card to your computer C:/PreFormat.

Part II - Un-link SysNAND from NNID
1) Boot into SysNAND.
2) Go to "System Settings" -> "Other Settings" -> "Format System Memory" -> Select OK to format.
3) After format console will attempt to reboot but it may fail if SD card was formatted (due to missing arm9loaderhax.bin); power off and copy arm9loaderhax.bin and luma folder from C:/PreFormat (Part I Step 3) to root of SD Card.
3) Power on console to boot into SysNAND, then go through the set up procedure as if it was a new console.
4) After you go through 3DS setup process, power off and copy all contents of SD card to your computer C:/PostFormat.

Part III - Create EmuNAND
1) Boot into Emunand9 by holding "b" button at the time of boot.
2) Select "Complete EmuNAND Setup" -> Enter Button Combination to Start Process.
3) Power Off Console, then copy contents from your computer C:/PostFormat (Part II Step 4) to root of SD Card.
4) Boot into EmuNAND by holding "R" at time of boot (Verify in System Settings you are in EmuNAND).
5) Go to "System Settings" -> "Other Settings" -> "Format System Memory" -> Select OK to format.
6) After format console will attempt to reboot but it may fail if SD card was formatted (due to missing arm9loaderhax.bin); power off and copy arm9loaderhax.bin and luma folder from C:/PostFormat (Part II Step 4) to root of SD Card.
7) Power on console while you hold "R" to boot into EmuNAND, then go through the set up procedure as if it was a new console.
8) Power off console and copy all contents from C:/PostFormat (Part II Step 4) to root of SD Card.
9) Verify that you now have 2 folders under "sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS" (This means SysNAND and EmuNAND are unlinked).

Part IV - Re-link SysNAND to NNID
1) Boot into SysNAND.
2) Go to "System Settings" -> "Other Settings" -> "Nintendo Network ID Settings" -> Press OK -> Press Next -> Press Next -> Select Link an Existing ID then follow steps to sign in.
3) Power Off Console once NNID setup is complete.
4) Copy "C:/PreFormat/files9/NAND.bin" and "C:/PreFormat/files9/NAND.bin.sha" (Part I Step 3) to root of SD Card.
5) Select "SysNAND Backup/Restore..." -> "SysNAND Restore" -> Enter Button Combination to Start Process.
6) Copy "C:/PreFormat/Nintendo 3DS" (Part I Step 3) to root of SD Card.
7) There should now be 3 folders in "sdmc:/Nintnedo 3DS" delete the one that matches the same folder name under "C:/PostFormat/Nintnedo 3DS" from SD card.
8) Boot back into SysNAND, verify you can access the eShop.

Part V - Region Change EmuNAND
1) Follow this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Region-Changing and remember to always boot into EmuNAND at reboot and where it says "Sys" replace in your head with "Emu".

At this point you will have a EUR SysNAND and a JAP EmuNAND. The eShop will currently work on SysNAND but not EmuNAND. Note, you can never link an NNID across regions, so the one on SysNAND can only link to EUR console I'm afraid.

To fix EmuNAND eShop you can try the following (https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-region-change-tutorial-easy-way.386207/) visit section "How to get on the eShop:", BUT it's risky and you can end up with an NNID ban. Also, I don't think you can have 2 NNIDs hooked up at the same time, so either EmuNAND or SysNAND will not work with eShop.

Phew! That is a lot of info, best of luck. Hopefully you will now know a bit more about NNID.

Reactions: Quantumcat

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Guide to Create Region Changed EmuNAND and Still Have NNID on SysNAND:

What you will need
Hourglass9 payload in sdmc:/luma/payloads named "y_Hourglass9.bin"
Decrypt9WIP payload in sdmc:/luma/payloads named "x_Decrypt9WIP.bin"
GodMode9 payload in sdmc:/luma/payloads named "up_GodMode9.bin"
Emunand9 payload in sdmc:/luma/payloads named "b_Emunand9.bin"

Part I - Backup SysNAND

1) Boot into Hourglass9 by holding "y" button at the time of boot.
2) Select "SysNAND Backup/Restore..." -> "SysNAND Backup" -> Press A to name "NAND.bin" -> Enter Button Combination to Start Process.
3) Copy all contents of SD card to your computer C:/PreFormat.

Part II - Un-link SysNAND from NNID
1) Boot into SysNAND.
2) Go to "System Settings" -> "Other Settings" -> "Format System Memory" -> Select OK to format.
3) After format console will attempt to reboot but it may fail if SD card was formatted (due to missing arm9loaderhax.bin); power off and copy arm9loaderhax.bin and luma folder from C:/PreFormat (Part I Step 3) to root of SD Card.
3) Power on console to boot into SysNAND, then go through the set up procedure as if it was a new console.
4) After you go through 3DS setup process, power off and copy all contents of SD card to your computer C:/PostFormat.

Part III - Create EmuNAND
1) Boot into Emunand9 by holding "b" button at the time of boot.
2) Select "Complete EmuNAND Setup" -> Enter Button Combination to Start Process.
3) Power Off Console, then copy contents from your computer C:/PostFormat (Part II Step 4) to root of SD Card.
4) Boot into EmuNAND by holding "R" at time of boot (Verify in System Settings you are in EmuNAND).
5) Go to "System Settings" -> "Other Settings" -> "Format System Memory" -> Select OK to format.
6) After format console will attempt to reboot but it may fail if SD card was formatted (due to missing arm9loaderhax.bin); power off and copy arm9loaderhax.bin and luma folder from C:/PostFormat (Part II Step 4) to root of SD Card.
7) Power on console while you hold "R" to boot into EmuNAND, then go through the set up procedure as if it was a new console.
8) Power off console and copy all contents from C:/PostFormat (Part II Step 4) to root of SD Card.
9) Verify that you now have 2 folders under "sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS" (This means SysNAND and EmuNAND are unlinked).

Part IV - Re-link SysNAND to NNID
1) Boot into SysNAND.
2) Go to "System Settings" -> "Other Settings" -> "Nintendo Network ID Settings" -> Press OK -> Press Next -> Press Next -> Select Link an Existing ID then follow steps to sign in.
3) Power Off Console once NNID setup is complete.
4) Copy "C:/PreFormat/files9/NAND.bin" and "C:/PreFormat/files9/NAND.bin.sha" (Part I Step 3) to root of SD Card.
5) Select "SysNAND Backup/Restore..." -> "SysNAND Restore" -> Enter Button Combination to Start Process.
6) Copy "C:/PreFormat/Nintendo 3DS" (Part I Step 3) to root of SD Card.
7) There should now be 3 folders in "sdmc:/Nintnedo 3DS" delete the one that matches the same folder name under "C:/PostFormat/Nintnedo 3DS" from SD card.
8) Boot back into SysNAND, verify you can access the eShop.

Part V - Region Change EmuNAND
1) Follow this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Region-Changing and remember to always boot into EmuNAND at reboot and where it says "Sys" replace in your head with "Emu".

At this point you will have a EUR SysNAND and a JAP EmuNAND. The eShop will currently work on SysNAND but not EmuNAND. Note, you can never link an NNID across regions, so the one on SysNAND can only link to EUR console I'm afraid.

To fix EmuNAND eShop you can try the following (https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-region-change-tutorial-easy-way.386207/) visit section "How to get on the eShop:", BUT it's risky and you can end up with an NNID ban. Also, I don't think you can have 2 NNIDs hooked up at the same time, so either EmuNAND or SysNAND will not work with eShop.

Phew! That is a lot of info, best of luck. Hopefully you will now know a bit more about NNID.

Thank you very much for writing that c:

Also if you make a NAND backup of SysNAND then format, how will you get all of your stuff back from the back up? :s

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for writing that c:

Also if you make a NAND backup of SysNAND then format, how will you get all of your stuff back from the back up? :s

So a NAND backup and copying the contents of "sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS" is a snapshot of your 3DS at that current moment.
Any content that was downloaded or installed (cias, DLC, etc..) in the 3ds is stored in sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS in an encrypted way using a movable.sed file (seed file) which allows your current instance in the 3DS to decrypt those.

When you have these a NAND backup and copy of "sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS", you have all of the data stored in your 3DS. This can be used to restore the 3DS to that snapshot at any time, without losing games or save files.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
So a NAND backup and copying the contents of "sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS" is a snapshot of your 3DS at that current moment.
Any content that was downloaded or installed (cias, DLC, etc..) in the 3ds is stored in sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS in an encrypted way using a movable.sed file (seed file) which allows your current instance in the 3DS to decrypt those.

When you have these a NAND backup and copy of "sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS", you have all of the data stored in your 3DS. This can be used to restore the 3DS to that snapshot at any time, without losing games or save files.

Ooh right okay, thank you c:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there