Android Creating a Shoutcast Radio app

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys! today i'm looking for some help with this little project of making a Android app only to play a Shoutcast Radio (i'm using myradiostreaming btw) i built a apk using a web app maker because i don't know how to make one using the android SDK, Eclipse and that stuff. But yeah, it doesn't work.

So my request is, someone can point me to the right direction? what i need to download besides the Android SDK? i have the code to use mediaplayer and the code to grant permissions to the app to use internet. So i only need the tools and a little tutorial to make it happen!.

Thanks <3

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You've built an APK but it "doesn't work". Can you be more specific? It doesn't install? It installs but the stream doesn't play? What "web app maker" did you use?

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've built an APK but it "doesn't work". Can you be more specific? It doesn't install? It installs but the stream doesn't play? What "web app maker" did you use?
Hi, yes it installs (i'm using bluestacks btw. I don't have an Android device here) the problems is that it connects to the stream, it gets the Track Name but displays an "Error Getting the File" and doesn't Play the audio. I'm using Andromodo web App maker.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You need to get an android device, or at least run a copy of the emulator in the SDK, so you can view the logcat.

Looking at the bluestacks appplayer entry on softtonic it says the following:

Cons
  • Limited number of available apps
  • Not compatible with all apps yet

which makes it awfully unsuited for debugging.

Also "Error getting the file" indicates to me you are probably downloading a file and then trying to launch it in an external application? Where are you trying to download the file to? Do you have the relevant permissions?

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to get an android device, or at least run a copy of the emulator in the SDK, so you can view the logcat.

Looking at the bluestacks appplayer entry on softtonic it says the following:

which makes it awfully unsuited for debugging.

Also "Error getting the file" indicates to me you are probably downloading a file and then trying to launch it in an external application? Where are you trying to download the file to? Do you have the relevant permissions?

The App have the permissions to use internet and Play external audio files AFAIK the web App maker grant the mediaplayer code to the App. So i don't know where is the problem, i will upload the apk for you to test it.

Thanks

EDIT: https://www.dropbox.com/s/upxiznbb6g9z3n1/app_352284_380042(1).apk?dl=0 here is the APK just let me know when do you want to test it, so i turn on the streaming.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I'm not offering to test it for you, I don't have the time.

If you're downloading a file, then presumably you're storing it somewhere? Are you storing it in the apps internal storage, or on the SD card? Although I suppose 'error getting file' might mean that the path to where it's looking is incorrect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.