Hacking Create new themes in the R4i Gold 3DS?

Gary_07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any step-by-step tutorial on how to create new themes yourself? I tried downloading some from ndsthemes.com but the closest they had were R4DS and they are incompatible with the R4i when I tried it. (All I got was the same random black and green style for each one) I researched but couldn't find any how-to for this. Any help would be appreciated!

stephysanrio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I just kinda guessed how to do them lol but i use the acekard skin theme editor.
Downloaded a few themes and studied the files and folders and what not to see what does what. Usuaully i just open each files and replace them with whatever color/picture i want and then save them. To change the colors of the gui i use the ski editior... and do the ini system settings there :P

Gary_07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah this is for Wood. I ended up downloading Dan Taylor's Acekard Skin Editor and it works brilliantly, everything I can't edit from that (aka the non ini system settings stuff; also, the gui editor is awesome there!) I edit by replacing the image files with ones I prefer while I change the colors, placings of calendar clock etc. and everything else concerning the GUI in the editor itself. Thanks for the help everyone!

Gary_07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to go into the folder of the skin you're editing, find the image you want to replace, name the new image the same name as the old one, and insert it into that skin's folder in place of the original.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Always is online.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Pretty much.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage like I said.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    blahaj will keep me safe
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    damn I forget my school blocks every video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Right, yeah.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't...