Hacking Create EmuNAND without formatting the whole SD-Card?

DJPlayer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey Guys,

since EmuNAND for N3DS is possible through ReiNAND, I wanted to test it out.
Right now, I've a SD Card without EmuNAND-Partition.
I'm using a 64GB SD Card which has only 4GB left.
I don't want to wipe or dump my SD-Card just to create a EmuNAND Partition and copy all my stuff back to it.
THis will take a lot of time...

Is there a way to create a EmuNAND partition without the need to wipe my SD Card?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It MIGHT be possible to do every step manually and resize the existing partition, but that would probably take even MORE time.

DJPlayer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It MIGHT be possible to do every step manually and resize the existing partition, but that would probably take even MORE time.
I can Resize the SD-Partition and create a new Partition with EASEUS Partition Master. This won't take that much time.
Possibly I could create a EmuNAND Partition on a 2GB SD-Card, copy this parition over to the another SD Card, resized with EASUES Partition master?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can Resize the SD-Partition and create a new Partition with EASEUS Partition Master. This won't take that much time.
Possibly I could create a EmuNAND Partition on a 2GB SD-Card, copy this parition over to the another SD Card, resized with EASUES Partition master?
That might work? I don't know. That said, the time involved to experiment with everything, try and make sure it works etc would probably take longer than just going the format + copy back route. Besides, chances are resizing the partition might be bad for the SD card like defragmenting.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Push back the FAT32 partition about 1GB, leaving the part before it unpartitioned.
Then make a NAND dump and write it to SD.

DJPlayer

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Push back the FAT32 partition about 1GB, leaving the part before it unpartitioned.
Then make a NAND dump and write it to SD.
will try it. Could you tell me how much Space I actually need for a EmuNAND for N3DS (N3DS Nand is a way bigger than the o3DS Nand)?

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you realise that if you did just format + copy back instead of asking for a workaround it would be already over by now ?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This will move existing data and might take a long time. It's no better than copying the files manually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt