Create a home made recovery partition usin windows 7/8/10 install files

this is a much more simpler tutorial than my last one

What you need

windows computer with either MBR (windows 7) or GPT/UEFI (win 7,8,8.1,10)

the install files from either DVD or ISO

easyBCD ( Neosmart.net/easyBCD/)

first grab your files and make sure to install the noncommercial easybcd (free)

next create a 5gb partition (ntfs) (room for drivers etc and the easy bcd install file)

Then dump the contents of your dvd/iso into that partition
Open easy bcd Go to "add entry" and in the lower tabs select winPE leave the drop down untouched then select the folder icon go to your recovery drive> sources >then boot.wim not install.wim
name the entry Save and you're done if anything happens assuming your bootloader isn't screwed select your recovery option and it will boot into the windows installation (just like your dvd)
there is a downside though after reinstalling it resets your boot menu and thats why i said save the easy bcd install file re install and add the entry again

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I prefer the VHD way which is a lot safer, faster and simplier because you dont play around with partitions.

Shift-F10 on start of windows install

diskpart

create vdisk file=c:\win.vhd type=expandable maximum=7000

attach vdisk

You then go back and install it on. Only works on with premium and ultimate tough i think.

7000 = 7GB

Last edited by Magsor,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I just mount a Windows 10 recovery ISO from my iODD SSD enclosure (hardware-based CD-ROM emulator) and boot it via USB 3, then I'm in recovery.

The iODD is the Korean version of the Zalman V300. Has English firmware too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other...