CRC Check for Wii ISO's

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Volkov, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Volkov
    OP

Volkov GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2008
    What program to people use to CRC check the wii ISO's?

I have a directory with about 100 pal games in it, and ive used several programs to produce a CRC and each result is different.

I am using a program called OfflineList and the Wii dat for that file, and it shows me the CRC for each file. I want to generate a definite CRC for my games so I can compare.

Any ideas what was used?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    There are countless generation tools (offline list is mainly used to check ISOs so you can use it to check)

I suggest though you have a look at sfv files, they use CRC32 values.

I would also consider having a look at something other than CRC32 as it is a bit weak. Failing that most half decent hex editors have the option.

3. wabo

wabo GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 14, 2003
    Canada
    Canada
    CRC values of the Wii ISO's in the Wii offline list dat are placeholder. THEY ARE NOT the real CRC's. There is a plugin available that use those CRC to create 1k iso file and lets you put the games has "owned" or not, letting you create a list of owned games in the offline list dat.

Hashtab is a nice software that can let you know the CRC, MD5 or SHA1 of any file by rightclicking it.
    http://beeblebrox.org/hashtab/

4. Volkov
    OP

Volkov GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2008
    Thanks! I was wondering in offlinelist how you mark things if you have them or not. I'll look into getting that plugin. cheers!

5. wabo

wabo GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 14, 2003
    Canada
    Canada
  6. Volkov
    OP

Volkov GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2008
    Hashtab really helped. I will be making my website for the data of these things very soon and hope people can use it as a guide, and also help improve on the correction of this sort of thing.

7. NeoNight

NeoNight GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2008
    United States
    Does the program linked above work for vista?