Crazy Installer with AHBPROT support?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by WiiUBricker, Feb 6, 2011.

Feb 6, 2011
  1. WiiUBricker
    OP

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Well the topic title pretty much explains what I'm talking about.

The current Crazy Installer (which btw is an awesome tool) allows you to inject a channel to a dol file, that installes the channel when executed. Of course a patched IOS is required to do so, but since with AHBPROT no patched IOS is required anymore (at least no patched IOS within the NAND), how about making Crazy Installer with AHBPROT support? In my opinion that would be a great addition. (Another possibility is to use an IOS exploit for installing, but I guess that will not happen).

If I recall correct, the dols with the injected wad files are pretty big. Is there something like dollz available that can compress Wii dol files?

2. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

One might say dollz is something like dollz.

3. WiiUBricker
    OP

Argentina
    I guess the Wiibrew entry should be updated. Thanks for the heads up, I thought dollz works with gamecube dol files only, but it works indeed with Wii dol files too.

4. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Is Crazy Installer open source? If so, it should just need some code added from one of several open source projects (I think FTPii may be the easiest to get the code from according to what I have read) and call a function or two as it loads.

EDIT: You'd need to put "iospatch.c" and "iospatch.h" in the source directory, and then add "#include " to the start of the C file with the main() of Crazy Installer, and then add this code somewhere before main():

Code:
    static bool initialise() {
    ÂÂÂÂprintf("Initialising...\n");
    ÂÂÂÂif (!IOSPATCH_Apply()) return false;
    ÂÂÂÂif (ISFS_Initialize() == IPC_OK) return ISFS_Mount();
    ÂÂÂÂelse return false;
    }
    And this at the start of main() (after initiating video and pad):

Code:
    if (!initialise()) {
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂprintf("Unable to initialise.\n");
    ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂreturn 1;
    ÂÂÂÂ}
    Also, you'd have to remove any IOS_Reload() from the main().

Compiling that should I think give you a Crazy Installer DOL ready to be injected with a WAD that will install without patched IOS.

5. WiiUBricker
    OP

Argentina
    Well I have send WiiCrazy a PM since Crazy Installer is closed source. I think he read it today since he was online a couple of hours ago but he hasnt replied yet.

6. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    Well I thought no one used that app [​IMG]

Possibly I can add this improvement into the tool together with the WiiGSC release.

About the sources, the simple tool is not open source actually. Wad Installer part is already on the Crap repo, the tool uses this installer and a few other libs in Crap which didn't end up in the repo. ( no specific reason)

7. WiiUBricker
    OP

Argentina
    Thanks for your reply. That's good news. I'm happy as long I can make Channel Installers with AHBPROT. Keep up the good work and good look with WiiGSC [​IMG]