Crash of the Titans is awesome

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by staticfritz, Oct 8, 2007.

Oct 8, 2007
  1. staticfritz
    OP

Member staticfritz GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Man, beautiful 3-D, quick play control, great textures, and the fun addition of harnessing your enemies and their powers by piggybacking them and possessing them. This is easily the best 3-D platformer since Mario 64 (not including MPH as it's FPS first). This is what the DS is capable of. No, it's not perfect, but there's a real mastery of hardware here that you don't often see (check out the rail surfing levels). Kudos to Amaze and Vivendi. Now, if they can only fire their Spyro: Eternal Night team and bring in the Crash team to redo the original Spyros from the PSX and I'll be truly happy.

2. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    I plan on playing both this and Spyro on the PS2. But if the DS game is different enough, I may play Crash on the DS as well.

3. topboy

Newcomer topboy Advanced Member

Canada
    cool but i still wanna see how the wii version is........

4. Gamesphere

Member Gamesphere GBAtemp Regular

United States
    GET THE WII VERSION! CONTROLS ARE PERFECTLY PORTED TO WII. There is no control gimmicks here guys. Straight beat'em up action. Im playing on a HARD difficulty level. It doesn't affect the AI but increases the amount of damage to take on every hit. Please, This is a great game to tie you over until BWii hits. Everyone get it for Wii NOW!!!!

EDIT: Sorry for Caps, But this really is a great game....

5. DSGRIM

Member DSGRIM GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am not a crash fan at all, I played 1 game when it first came out and was sick of it. I liked that racing game but it ended there. Crash DS is no different, I like the fact that about everything has a voice over (which explains such a short game with such a large size) I played through it and didnt enjoy it at all.

6. hanman

Member hanman I'm a pretty lucky guy

United States
    i'll give it a shot...i haven't played a crash game since the PSX days

7. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    I hope your talking about Crash Team Racing and not the other 2 that were made by the new developer. CTR was amazing. Me and my dad played it almost as much as Super Mario Kart.

8. staticfritz
    OP

Member staticfritz GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    It's funny, I didn't play CTR, but I have played other crash games, especially the side scrolling GBA titles, and was never impressed. This one seems to have gotten the formula and style just right.

9. Austinz

Member Austinz GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Played for about an hour and i think its quite good myself, id give it a solid 8 easily, maybe a bit more once ive played it a bit more, but its close to as good as the old playstation ones, except without the spinning attacks

10. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    Yeah the game really surprised me. I didn't think a DS game could be that good.

11. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I give this game a 9/10! It's a great ds game and the graphics are almost PS2 quality. I loved the PSX Crash games and this one gave me the same feeling. The graphics really remind me of Jak and Daxter. Beautiful jungles, oceans, and caves. Just spectacular. The production values are just through the roof. I really want more games like this. I expected Crash DS to be sucky and Spyro DS to be great. I got that backwards. The sound is also great! All the characters (barring Crash who just makes noises) have voices. They sound great and I like how developers are proving that you don't need a CD to have a lot of VO's. Some of the animal mutants are funny (whalephant, spider monkey, etc). I hope they actually make Jak and Daxter, but Naughty Dog still owns it and only likes the Playstation. My next game I'm looking forward to is Lego Star Wars Complete Saga on the DS (I have no next-gen consoles at the moment and my computer is pretty old). I hope for more great 3D games on DS.

12. rhyguy

Member rhyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    if its like the ps1 games, this is da shiz!

13. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I fount it to be a bit repetitive after a bit, its not really like the PSX games to me. This one seems a bit deeper gameplay wise.

I want Crash to spin in his next game! I did really like this game but kicking and punching doesn't feel right.

14. skill1414

Newcomer skill1414 Member

Australia
    Crash went downhill after the PS2 games