Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy will be on PS4 first, NOT neccessarily an exclusive title

According to a tweet by Playstation Ireland earlier today, it was reiterated that the Crash Bandicoot remasters will launch on the PS4 and PS4 Pro on June 30th, 2017. However, they also clarified that it was just being released for those consoles first. This heavily implies that the trilogy won't be exclusive to Sony as many of us previously thought.

upload_2017-2-22_9-18-37.png

It should be noted that neither Sony nor Naughty Dog are developing or publishing Crash Bandicoot anymore. The remastered game is being developed by Vicarious Visions and published by Activision. As far as the general public knows, there are no legal restrictions barring them from releasing the game on multiple platforms.

:arrow: Source: Twitter

Last edited by Ericzander,

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
other crash games was previously released on multiple platform in the past, no surprise there and good for those people owning only one console.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I...but...they...PlayStation Ireland said they were PS exclusives. Now they went back on that? Okay then. I suppose since Sony and Naughty Dog have no ownership of the IP, then it makes sense for it to come to other platforms. I wonder if we'll get a switch port.
The originals were... But it wasn't long before we started seeing crash on GBA and GC.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno why, recently i tried playing the crash games, and i don't seem to like it as much, i even had crash 3 warped for my birthday when, now i play it and just seem like "Wow, what a tedious game, collect the crystals, get all boxes to get gems, complete time trials for relecs." All for 100%

I also hope this one has better controls for 3D cause it was hard to control him, he would slip and slide everywhere and instead of just turning straight around, 180 he would walk in a circle to turn around, and the stages, like the water, and flying plane and coco. :nayps3:

The gba isn't any better, playing mini games for bonus completion as well. Seem like a rip off based on banjo-kazooie. :hateit:

D

Deleted_11405

Maybe it's a good game, i have not ever played a crash-bandicoot title really good. if this is like a much better or similar for some parts like a game as gex 3d enter the gecko, it would be a fun game to try and to be happy with it,what to think playing maybe beating the game. i don't beat so many games lately. There are too many games, i have (on Pc\Ps4) together to get playing one until the end, set some score high, not only carfing my name in a videogame.
Crash Bandicoot hipnoflip beating it without a crash that would be adorable maybe its possible with this tiny beast so quick as water stunting through the levels, btw nice dope blue short-trouser-pants it's wearing ah well you have times like.. i stop writing.

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I...but...they...PlayStation Ireland said they were PS exclusives. Now they went back on that? Okay then. I suppose since Sony and Naughty Dog have no ownership of the IP, then it makes sense for it to come to other platforms. I wonder if we'll get a switch port.
It's coming from Ireland; what do you expect? :rolleyes:
Yes, I bashed my own country.

Reactions: Nollog

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad they rushed the GC port, sure it had better loading times and smoother visuals, but the framerate hiccups ruined the GC port for me.
I honestly never realized there were gba and gcn ports of crash until I read this thread. I thought crash was always exclusive lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?