Hacking Crap, I forgot to backup my Miis!!!!!

stayingarmed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I wanted to start fresh on my Wii so I updated to 3.4 and then reformatted my Wii to erase everything I've ever done on it (trial and error every mod released so far).

Now I have a fresh Wii and have just finished installing SoftMii 0.9.5 and Preloader .27 but it just dawned on me that I had forgotten to backup my Miis when I backed up everything else (all my game saves and channels)

I did use FS Browser and dumped my entire system NAND so is there any way of recovering my Miis from it?

Thanks a lot guys, I know I can count on you!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You could try to repack your MiiChannel from your FS dump and install it, maybe that work...!!
smile.gif

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
If you can use a hex-editor, want to invest some time and read the documentation of the Mii data format over on wiibrew.org, you could extract the Miis one by one from \shared2\menu\FaceLib\RFL_DB.dat - the format of the Miis in your Mii Parade might be different and you might be unable to recover them.

I suggest you create a new Mii in your Mii Channel, export it with waninkoko's Mii Extractor, then extract the Miis from the RFL_DB.dat file to match the format of waninkoko's tools, so you can easily install them with waninkoko's Mii Importer.

I hope you know what to do because I will not be able to check back on this topic until the day after tomorrow.

TrickyTony

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hhaha maaaann I forgot to backup ALL my saves. For future reference games like Mario Kart and Smash Bros that won't copy to SD is there a method to get those saves?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
syst3merror said:
lmao care to try helping ether because I don't know anything about this stuff.
smile.gif

just search for blaze's wad packer and you'll need all the .app files in the folder, the title.tmd and the .tik to re-pack a .wad for it...!!!
smile.gif

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a bit of a pain in the ass but yeah you should be able to extract the mii data from the file.......... as for restoring that one file....... Don't know of a tool to do that......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended