OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
TyRaNtM said:
WiiCrazy said:
@TyrantM : I don't have an hdtv so it's hard to fix. Previously you said some loaders didn't have the issue, but I can't remember the names right now. What were they? If you are willing to test I can make some quick changes and send them to you... That's tomorrow...

Narolez's CFG USB Loader Forwarder, Homebrew Channel, and official channels (of course).

PM if you have something to test it.

Hmm, could you test Crap's new loader? Configurable forwarder, it's nearly same as Narolez' original...

r3lay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i converted a .wbfs file to an iso with wbfs_file1.5, opened the iso with crap 2.2 and the 'Create Channel' button is still greyed out:
untitled.jpg

is there something else i need to do?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Well it seems it didn't recognize the iso.. normally you should see the Game, Disc Id, Banner & so on fields filled... if it gets an error while extracting the banner from iso then it spits it out... dunno what's happening here...

Checked the code and indeed it should display some kind of error... You might try open the iso in wiiscrubber and see if it's good indeed but that's unlikely, maybe something else...

r3lay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
Well it seems it didn't recognize the iso.. normally you should see the Game, Disc Id, Banner & so on fields filled... if it gets an error while extracting the banner from iso then it spits it out... dunno what's happening here...

Checked the code and indeed it should display some kind of error... You might try open the iso in wiiscrubber and see if it's good indeed but that's unlikely, maybe something else...

wiiscrubber cannot extract the banner, i get io read and decrypt read error.

r3lay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was on a wbfs partition, then converted that into .wbfs with wbsf_file(for fat use) and then convert to iso using same tool.

helaciouscrumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r3lay said:
was on a wbfs partition, then converted that into .wbfs with wbsf_file(for fat use) and then convert to iso using same tool.

What game are you trying? Maybe I have it and can test it

QUOTE(WiiCrazy @ Nov 17 2009, 05:18 PM) I tested wbfs_file using wii sports wbfs file, converted to iso... it ran fine through Crap... need more reports...

Yeah, I have used it on four different files and they all worked through Crap flawlessy

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
what is the best loader to choose?. currently i prefer loading a games through channel.
btw, can someone explain to me about configurable loader forwarder. what does it do?. sorry i'm a little bit outdated. previously i only use loadstructor to build a channel.

please advice. thanks

helaciouscrumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
innercy said:
what is the best loader to choose?. currently i prefer loading a games through channel.
btw, can someone explain to me about configurable loader forwarder. what does it do?. sorry i'm a little bit outdated. previously i only use loadstructor to build a channel.

please advice. thanks

Well, I don't know which would be best for you, but I use the configurable loader forwarder as it allows you to load off of a fat partition.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
innercy said:

please advice. thanks

You can just test them, there is a built in tester. select the loader, configure it to your liking, pack the wad and click the test button and send the loader to homebrew channel... there are 3 different type of loaders

Yal loaders - modified kwiirk's loader, uses IOS 222
Loaders based on waninkoko's original with different options but with somewhat same base, uses IOS 249
Configurable usb loader forwarder, just a forwarder you need to have configurable usb loader working already... the good side of this loader is you can tweak the game in the actual loader (conf. usb. loader)

So it's just a matter of taste and related to if the game will boot or not...

Myself I prefer the Yal loader for most of the stuff since I don't update IOS 222 a lot, if a channel I make works then I leave it that as it is, unaffacted by cios updates... you know ios 249 had once supported Dual Layer, then dropped then again on and so on...

If I need some tweaking I use 1.5 loader, If I need alt-dol support I use 1.6 loader... Most of the time tweaking is not necessary by the way, you only need the 002 fix for new games which 1.5, 1.6 and yal loader have it selectable...

ps: By the way it seems I mistakenly removed yal with fixes from the selectable loaders. I'll add it in the next release.

r3lay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
helaciouscrumb said:
r3lay said:

What game are you trying? Maybe I have it and can test it

QUOTE(WiiCrazy @ Nov 17 2009, 05:18 PM) I tested wbfs_file using wii sports wbfs file, converted to iso... it ran fine through Crap... need more reports...

Yeah, I have used it on four different files and they all worked through Crap flawlessy

Something must have gone wrong when i copied wbfs files from fat32 to ntfs to convert, re-tried and everythings good.

Thanks for new the new loader.
smile.gif

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
I tested wbfs_file using wii sports wbfs file, converted to iso... it ran fine through Crap... need more reports...
I've tried Muramasa: The Demon Blade, Wii Sports Resort, and Wii Fit Plus and they all work with the Crap channels based on Narolez's forwarder.

*edit*
Should mention that I'm loading games from FAT32. I've not tried it loading from WBFS, but FAT32 seems to work well (I wouldn't think WBFS would be any different).

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there anyway to have the list of games located in the WBFS drive be in alphabetical order, so that it would be much easier to create the game channels? thanks

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
You can just test them, there is a built in tester. select the loader, configure it to your liking, pack the wad and click the test button and send the loader to homebrew channel... there are 3 different type of loaders

Yal loaders - modified kwiirk's loader, uses IOS 222
Loaders based on waninkoko's original with different options but with somewhat same base, uses IOS 249
Configurable usb loader forwarder, just a forwarder you need to have configurable usb loader working already... the good side of this loader is you can tweak the game in the actual loader (conf. usb. loader)

So it's just a matter of taste and related to if the game will boot or not...

Myself I prefer the Yal loader for most of the stuff since I don't update IOS 222 a lot, if a channel I make works then I leave it that as it is, unaffacted by cios updates... you know ios 249 had once supported Dual Layer, then dropped then again on and so on...

If I need some tweaking I use 1.5 loader, If I need alt-dol support I use 1.6 loader... Most of the time tweaking is not necessary by the way, you only need the 002 fix for new games which 1.5, 1.6 and yal loader have it selectable...

ps: By the way it seems I mistakenly removed yal with fixes from the selectable loaders. I'll add it in the next release.

1. i already have configurable usbloader in my sd. how can i tweak so that the channel will auto load the game that i build?.
2. which loader success to load "a boys and his blob"?. i heard someone got banner bricked using this game channel.
3. so far i use 1.6 without any problem except green splash screen upon booting a game. my standalone configurable usbloader booting game instantly without any green screen. thats why i'm interested to learn more about the configurable forwarder.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
innercy said:
1. i already have configurable usbloader in my sd. how can i tweak so that the channel will auto load the game that i build?.
2. which loader success to load "a boys and his blob"?. i heard someone got banner bricked using this game channel.
3. so far i use 1.6 without any problem except green splash screen upon booting a game. my standalone configurable usbloader booting game instantly without any green screen. thats why i'm interested to learn more about the configurable forwarder.

1. You just need to choose configurable forwarder from the list of loaders and select the partition where your games reside... common options for that is either wbfs 1 or fat 1 if you only have 1 partition on the said disc.

2. A boy and his blob is a special case, the banner of the game works in the disc channel but once used on other channel slots in the menu it banner bricks... That's why I added game blocking feature into Crap, you'll not be able to create a channel for A boy and his blob because of this protection.

3. That famous green flash
smile.gif
It doesn't bother me even slightly. I don't understand why people so obsessed with such small problems. I am sure there are people out there who thinks this is a feature and once it's gotten rid of they will want it back
smile.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
i dont mind the green flash, but I dont like the splash screen to the configurable forwarder (how it loads configurable loader first, runs some script, then runs the game). Is there any way to remove this? Possibly in a future release?

This is awesome, thanks!

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
i dont mind the green flash, but I dont like the splash screen to the configurable forwarder (how it loads configurable loader first, runs some script, then runs the game). Is there any way to remove this? Possibly in a future release?

This is awesome, thanks!

Well it's the configurable loader's doing that splash screen & stuff, I can't change that. You should bug conf. loader authors for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!