Xtrips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hello,

I have a hacked Xbox 360 and all the games work fine except Minecraft.
I have downloaded many different ones from Usenet, expanded the ISO files and copied them to the Xbox HDD as I am used to, but none of them works.
Launching the XeX file goes to a black screen for 2 seconds and then crashes back to the Xbox home screen.
Now I can understand 2 or even 3 different downloads of the game might be bad, but 6 ?
I guess there is something else.
Any help here? I am a newbie and I am doing that for my son, so please use layman language with me.

Thanks

Xtrips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I tried to do the same but uploaded a GOD folder this time.
I still got the same result. The game seems installed and shows up in the list but when launched the screen goes black for 2 seconds and then goes back to home screen.
What could be wrong? Maybe Minecraft needs a certain firmware level? Maybe a specific kind of hack for the Xbox? Maybe a specific setting?

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the original XBLA release, this should work regardless of anything else. This should be under 100MB.

If that works, download the newest update file for the game - this has the majority of the files for the game by now. jqe360 probably has it (this isn't a piracy site, moderators)

Last edited by lisreal2401,
Reactions: Xtrips

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Xbox Unity has really old versions of Minecraft, if they have it at all that is.
I've got Minecraft on me RGH as well and everytime there was an update, I had to download it on me retail box to copy it to me RGH.

Xtrips

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Get the original XBLA release, this should work regardless of anything else. This should be under 100MB.

If that works, download the newest update file for the game - this has the majority of the files for the game by now. jqe360 probably has it (this isn't a piracy site, moderators)

You're the man. My son thanks you very much. It works.
I am just wondering how after I tried so many ISOs weighing more than 8Gb this little 150Mb file did the trick. What's the difference?

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox Unity has really old versions of Minecraft, if they have it at all that is.
I've got Minecraft on me RGH as well and everytime there was an update, I had to download it on me retail box to copy it to me RGH.
Are we allowed to post TU files here? I can pull the last update from my retail and post it here.

You're the man. My son thanks you very much. It works.
I am just wondering how after I tried so many ISOs weighing more than 8Gb this little 150Mb file did the trick. What's the difference?
The ISO was merely a disc of the XBLA game. What likely happened is booting in XEX format tried to reload into the container and failed, and same with GOD format. Can't leave that Minecraft money on a digital store.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Are we allowed to post TU files here? I can pull the last update from my retail and post it here.

It's not copyrighted material as it's freely available to download from XBL.
It's also easy to access on USB drives so I would say yes.

But I'll throw it in the staffchat, see what the rest thinks of it.

Edit:
Nope, can't post TU's here.

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not copyrighted material as it's freely available to download from XBL.
It's also easy to access on USB drives so I would say yes.

But I'll throw it in the staffchat, see what the rest thinks of it.

Edit:
Nope, can't post TU's here.
boooooooooooooo

/s

admittedly they are "copyrighted" on a technical level despite being free.

Last edited by lisreal2401,

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can enable contpatch in Dashlaunch and your XBLA games including Minecraft will be unlocked. Also, I'd avoid Update Aquatic and further because it bogs the framerate sooooo bad.

That 8GB iso is almost 8GB of padding. If you strip it down, its 150mb lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.