cracked hinges

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by TheAntiFOB, Jul 1, 2007.

Jul 1, 2007

cracked hinges by TheAntiFOB at 12:47 AM (943 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. TheAntiFOB
    OP

Newcomer TheAntiFOB Newbie

United States
    I've got a problem with the hinges on my NDS lite. I've had a crack on my left hing for about 2 months now but it didn't really affect anything but today i noticed a crack on my right hinge and tiny little cracks on the right corner above the R button which may lead to my ds being cracked in half. Does Nintendo fix this problem for free? If so, how long does it take to get it back? Any complications anyone experienced when getting it repaired?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sorry for the bad quality, I only have a camera on my phone.

2. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    It's a known problem with early systems - basically the hinge was tightened too tight at the factory and the stress causes the joint to give. If you're within your warranty Nintendo will/should replace/repair it for free.

[​IMG]

3. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Even if your not anymore they do it for free msot of the time and they are fairly quick.

4. TheAntiFOB
    OP

Newcomer TheAntiFOB Newbie

United States
    how quick? I don't wanna go 2-3 weeks without a DS [​IMG]

5. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    the R button one is the same one I had. soon your LED chunk will fall of and your top screen will be hanging by wires! DON'T PLAY IT!!! Nintendo DOES fix it for free (I had to argue and say I was still under warranty and that it's their tight screws the brake the hinges) call now because they don't like it if it's already broken!

I'll post pic of my LED chunk later.
    took me 2 weeks exactly to receive my DS Lite back. (Next door to the california warehouse, I'm in AZ)

6. Bridgy84

Member Bridgy84 Yub Nub

United States
    Free for me as well. R button are fell right off. Took about two weeks for me too. I live in Michigan though i can not remember where i sent it now.

7. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    you need to call and complain or they will charge you $50, i know of 6 people with cracked hinges, nintendo says its a problem in all white dsl, of those 6 people, 4 of them had to pay the $50 since their warranty expired, the other 2 argued with nintendo for over 30 minutes till they agreed to do it for free, nintendo says its just a cosmetic problem which does not effect gameplay so if your warranty is expired they dont replace it for free.

8. cheapassdave

Member cheapassdave GBAtemp Regular

United States
    how long did you guys have your DS for that crack to show up?