Hacking cracked hinges

TheAntiFOB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a problem with the hinges on my NDS lite. I've had a crack on my left hing for about 2 months now but it didn't really affect anything but today i noticed a crack on my right hinge and tiny little cracks on the right corner above the R button which may lead to my ds being cracked in half. Does Nintendo fix this problem for free? If so, how long does it take to get it back? Any complications anyone experienced when getting it repaired?
0630071930ah2.jpg

0630071931ro4.jpg

0630071932vn0.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality, I only have a camera on my phone.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's a known problem with early systems - basically the hinge was tightened too tight at the factory and the stress causes the joint to give. If you're within your warranty Nintendo will/should replace/repair it for free.

smile.gif

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
the R button one is the same one I had. soon your LED chunk will fall of and your top screen will be hanging by wires! DON'T PLAY IT!!! Nintendo DOES fix it for free (I had to argue and say I was still under warranty and that it's their tight screws the brake the hinges) call now because they don't like it if it's already broken!

I'll post pic of my LED chunk later.
took me 2 weeks exactly to receive my DS Lite back. (Next door to the california warehouse, I'm in AZ)

dbgtdob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if your not anymore they do it for free msot of the time and they are fairly quick.
you need to call and complain or they will charge you $50, i know of 6 people with cracked hinges, nintendo says its a problem in all white dsl, of those 6 people, 4 of them had to pay the $50 since their warranty expired, the other 2 argued with nintendo for over 30 minutes till they agreed to do it for free, nintendo says its just a cosmetic problem which does not effect gameplay so if your warranty is expired they dont replace it for free.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over