Cracked Gamecube game STILL works in wii! Wait, WHAT!?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Nintendo Fanboy, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Nintendo Fanboy
    OP

Nintendo Fanboy GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 6, 2015
    United States
    In Los Santos, GTA: San Andreas.
    I have Animal Crossing, and the disc just crashed, yet, it STILL works, It's giving me a little bit of trouble...
    It even works on the actual gamecube. (I have 2). Anyway to like, seal the cracks or something..?
    Sorry if this is a dumb question... :<

2. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    I have a small crack on my mario strikers disc and the game still works. It just means the data part of the disc isn't cracked.

3. Nintendo Fanboy
    OP

Nintendo Fanboy GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 6, 2015
    United States
    In Los Santos, GTA: San Andreas.
    My game gives me a ton of trouble on my oldest gamecube, but it works perfectly fine on my silver gc... It works on wii, but I need an action replay to fix most of it.....

4. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    While a cracked disc still does work, I'd advise that you replace the disc at your earliest convenience. Discs, when spinning, are under a tremendous amount of stress, and if there's a crack in it, the disc could literally explode if it cracks even further or hits a fault, and it could damage your Wii to the point that you'll have to replace the drive.

Minox likes this.
  5. SomeKindOfUsername

SomeKindOfUsername Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2014
    United States
    Animal Crossing has a really small file size, so small that the entire game will load itself into RAM. It's entirely possible that the tiny physical data area is still in tact.
    Like Team Fail suggested though it's probably not a good idea to continue using it. I suppose if you really want to continue using it with your GC you can take out the disc after it's loaded to prevent it from spinning any further.