Cracked backplate N3DSXL, in search of replacement

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by 20mark, Jan 12, 2016.

1. 20mark
    OP

20mark GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2011
    Italy
    Italy
    Hello, after a year of screwing and unsscewing the backplate of N3DS XL, finally happened.
    Backplate cracked,even if is a small crack, it feels a lot under the hands while playing.

My question is, where i could find a metallic blue backplate (possibly new, not used and ORIGINAL) in the EU ?
    I know ninty sells replacement parts in USA, but europe is out of their business i think.

2. radon_22

radon_22 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    United States
    I've been leaving my backplate off for this very reason. Ebay appears to be your only real option in the EU. Search for "back cover (New Nintendo 3DS XL)". Looks like it will set you back around 11 euro.

Alternately, unless you have a special edition that you really like the graphics of, Google "Aluminum Metal 2 Tone 2 Piece Protective Skin Cover Case For Nintendo New 3DS XL". Using something like this and leaving the backplate off would allow for quicker access to the SD card, but still protect your device.

3. 20mark
    OP

20mark GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2011
    Italy
    Italy
    after a month of researching i can only find black and red replacements listings on ebay, metallic blue replacements are just vanished/unfindable . why? :(

4. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    think about it this way, you'll have a frankenstein console!

my GBA SP was once an original grey AGS-100 SP but its been repaired with salvaged parts so many times its just a rainbow now

5. 20mark
    OP

20mark GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2011
    Italy
    Italy
    lol...nope, i dont wanna have a "partriotic american" N3DS XL (top on BLUE and botton on RED, lol) i mean, seriously, why metallic blue is so damn rare...
    or, i can buy a new console on amazon, replace the shell and the serial number and send back :evil:

6. Potato hoarder

Potato hoarder Hoarder of Potatoes

Feb 2, 2016
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    I'm pretty sure Nintendo sells back plates on their site (even for collectors edition XLs)

7. 20mark
    OP

20mark GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2011
    Italy
    Italy
    in us, sure, in eu... no. don't understand why, as if you brick your cover in us you can brick in eu too.

seriously o an thinking of buying one on amz, replace conver and sticker and send back. it's too risky?

Last edited by 20mark, Feb 29, 2016