• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I feel the same way, I really had high hopes for it even though I was sceptical when it was announced. That's just the nature of anti-virals unfortunately.
It’s more just the nature of pills themselves. Pills often need to either need to be higher dose or be taken in some way that bypasses the liver. The greatest “problem” here is literally a functional liver. I am actually kind of annoyed that doctors don’t often recommend better methods than ingestion, especially in this pill’s case. I am actually willing bet that the rate would be higher if they recommended dissolving the pill under your tongue. Just a rant from someone who’s limited to just pills as a means of living from day to day, so I kind of had to learn the best methods to get the most out of my pills.

SipahiBey

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
How does that stop covid from spreading?

If the government created the virus, it can also find a cure for the virus. Its known by now that the virus was a result of gain of function research in Wuhan, funded with NIH money.

Simple make the Chinese pay Billions if not trillions in compensation.

• Haha
Reactions: The Catboy

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
which still does not solve the problem that it is here now and we need to deal with it NOW. Get your fucking jabs or stop talking nonsense if you don't want to, saying stupidities like that gets us nowhere.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly do not get the point about being afraid of getting the vaccine. I hate needles as much as anyone else, (the worst being in the mouth when I have to get dental work done, I just do not like sharp object near my face or anywhere sensitive thank you) But its far less painful than being sick with the shit, which I was prior to the release of the vaccine last year. Having a week of nothing but high fevers, and a hard time breathing among the other issues was not easy to deal with. Hell one of the days my temp rose so high I basically put myself in a tub of cold water to hopefully bring myself down. It technically worked, but the rest of the day my internal temperature was fucked and all over the place. Never had to deal with that before honestly, and I hope not to do that again.

People think that covid is somehow going to get eradicated when it is nearly impossible to do so, the best case you can hope for is a variant that while spreading fast will not have a deadly payload for most of its infected. If its anything like the typical flu then the rate of death will be much lower and be resided to those who have compromised immune systems or older age (or those who prefer tinfoil hats than the vaccine). In the long run most people will probably not even need the vaccine except for those that simply cannot handle getting sick at all. That's why we have flu shots, and above that we continue having flu shots because (shocker) the flu virus also changes up every season. For a lot of people its optional to take the vaccine for that now as most of us can handle it. Covid was something new that the human body was not familiar with, and as a result did things that were different and potentially more damaging the first time around. Future variants however should have lesser impact on most people if things go the way they should. Omnicron shows that this outlook is very much obtainable in the short term.

But hell, if you want to still be afraid of the vaccine, just remember that you put worse things in your body every day whether it be soda, junk food, fast food, anything with caffeine, or if you are a city runt that wonderful atmosphere you are breathing in every moment you are outside. Plus those fake ass cures probably have more dangerous chemicals in them than anything you get pricked in the arm with. All I have to say is, if you want to avoid it then please do the rest of the human race a favor and just down the rest of your favorite fake cure so you do not have to be a problem for the rest of us much longer. The Darwin awards will await you all. :D

Reactions: AmandaRose

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly do not get the point about being afraid of getting the vaccine. I hate needles as much as anyone else, (the worst being in the mouth when I have to get dental work done, I just do not like sharp object near my face or anywhere sensitive thank you) But its far less painful than being sick with the shit, which I was prior to the release of the vaccine last year. Having a week of nothing but high fevers, and a hard time breathing among the other issues was not easy to deal with. Hell one of the days my temp rose so high I basically put myself in a tub of cold water to hopefully bring myself down. It technically worked, but the rest of the day my internal temperature was fucked and all over the place. Never had to deal with that before honestly, and I hope not to do that again.

People think that covid is somehow going to get eradicated when it is nearly impossible to do so, the best case you can hope for is a variant that while spreading fast will not have a deadly payload for most of its infected. If its anything like the typical flu then the rate of death will be much lower and be resided to those who have compromised immune systems or older age (or those who prefer tinfoil hats than the vaccine). In the long run most people will probably not even need the vaccine except for those that simply cannot handle getting sick at all. That's why we have flu shots, and above that we continue having flu shots because (shocker) the flu virus also changes up every season. For a lot of people its optional to take the vaccine for that now as most of us can handle it. Covid was something new that the human body was not familiar with, and as a result did things that were different and potentially more damaging the first time around. Future variants however should have lesser impact on most people if things go the way they should. Omnicron shows that this outlook is very much obtainable in the short term.

But hell, if you want to still be afraid of the vaccine, just remember that you put worse things in your body every day whether it be soda, junk food, fast food, anything with caffeine, or if you are a city runt that wonderful atmosphere you are breathing in every moment you are outside. Plus those fake ass cures probably have more dangerous chemicals in them than anything you get pricked in the arm with. All I have to say is, if you want to avoid it then please do the rest of the human race a favor and just down the rest of your favorite fake cure so you do not have to be a problem for the rest of us much longer. The Darwin awards will await you all. :D
.. because Political hacks attached themselves to Anti-Vaxxer in an effort to rally opposition to The Current US administration. Then it created a huge Snowball affect that, Normal VAXXED Republicans are not able to control. (Mind you 99% of all Republican officials are Vaccinated, but stated\ "HIPPA" and they are too afraid to go against the monster they created.

Plainly stated : Its not because their are afraid, just that they are Politically Sheep.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.. because Political hacks attached themselves to Anti-Vaxxer in an effort to rally opposition to The Current US administration. Then it created a huge Snowball affect that, Normal VAXXED Republicans are not able to control. (Mind you 99% of all Republican officials are Vaccinated, but stated\ "HIPPA" and they are too afraid to go against the monster they created.

Plainly stated : Its not because their are afraid, just that they are Politically Sheep.
Fearmongering is still fear at the base of it. It just wears the mask of ignorance and worship that comes from this new age of Political mindset.

When Politics gets in the way of truth and actual science, humanity will suffer as a result of it.

• Haha
Reactions: The Catboy

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fearmongering is still fear at the base of it. It just wears the mask of ignorance and worship that comes from this new age of Political mindset.

When Politics gets in the way of truth and actual science, humanity will suffer as a result of it.
but we are taking about a base that would rally against Free Electrictly and clean water if it Hurt The Political rival.....
oh wait that happen..
We are taking about a base that would kill themselves if it hurt the political rivals...
oh wait...

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

but we are taking about a base that would rally against Free Electrictly and clean water if it Hurt The Political rival.....
oh wait that happen..
We are taking about a base that would kill themselves if it hurt the political rivals...
oh wait...
Great, you've figured us all out. Now go enjoy being vaccinated biomutants and leave the rest of us alone. You can always find solace in the fact that you can't contract, transmit, or be hospitalized by the virus.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, you've figured us all out. Now go enjoy being vaccinated biomutants and leave the rest of us alone. You can always find solace in the fact that you can't contract, transmit, or be hospitalized by the virus.
funny I don't remember seeing your pre 2020 posts about the other 7-9 vaccines that you were given before attending school.. please provide the links of your Courageous Stuggle against Whopping cough Vaccine.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now go enjoy being vaccinated biomutants and leave the rest of us alone.
The vaccine does not make one a "biomutant," and it does not alter one's DNA. It trains your adaptive immune system to be able to readily respond to the real virus.

You can always find solace in the fact that you can't contract, transmit, or be hospitalized by the virus.
Vaccinated people are significantly less likely to contract, transmit, be hospitalized by, or die from the virus. The more people who are vaccinated in a population, the less the virus will spread in that population.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I would just like to say that we currently have 420 “Yes” votes, which constitutes 69% (rounded), and that kind of makes me want to close the poll and call it a day.

92267C2A-8354-4A5F-AF07-01F4D1767E8E.jpeg

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Everybody has their own idea of why the vaccines exist and why others do or do not take them. It appears that virtue signaling is more important than the results.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If the government created the virus, it can also find a cure for the virus. Its known by now that the virus was a result of gain of function research in Wuhan, funded with NIH money.

Simple make the Chinese pay Billions if not trillions in compensation.
The Chinese government didn't create Covid and suing them for a natural virus is stupid.
Been a few weeks and looks like the anti-vax crowd is still posting garbage.

Reactions: Dakitten

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Chinese government didn't create Covid and suing them for a natural virus is stupid.
If they are blaming the NIH for the gain of function research, then technically it would be American money that enhanced the natural virus into it's deadly state :creep:

• Haha
Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sounds like something Rachel Maddow would say. I guess people should just take your word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs