• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to bother reading this thread. I'll just say that I recently took a 3rd shot of Moderna, and it was super mild compared to shot #2. #2 sucked. I will also say that in Japan, Many prefectures such as Tokyo were up to 2,700 to over 3,000 COVID positive cases a day, for weeks, when they finally started to get the ball rolling on vaccinating the general population (vice only elderly and such). They went up to 70% of the population having at least 1 dose pretty quick... and the numbers started dropping like rocks. It seems like it's been weeks now since Tokyo had even 40 positives in a day. Perhaps it has, but I no longer pay attention because it's so comparatively low, that restaurants are finally opening longer and bars are open.

The vaccines really do have a big impact. No they aren't perfect, but NO VACCINE IS. People even still get chickenpox after being inoculated, and have side effects or some kind of reaction to it. There really is nothing new here, except for how loud idiots can be heard on social media (I'm referring to the ones who say dumb crap like the shot puts tracking devices in you and such nonsense) compared to the past.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm not going to bother reading this thread. I'll just say that I recently took a 3rd shot of Moderna, and it was super mild compared to shot #2. #2 sucked. I will also say that in Japan, Many prefectures such as Tokyo were up to 2,700 to over 3,000 COVID positive cases a day, for weeks, when they finally started to get the ball rolling on vaccinating the general population (vice only elderly and such). They went up to 70% of the population having at least 1 dose pretty quick... and the numbers started dropping like rocks. It seems like it's been weeks now since Tokyo had even 40 positives in a day. Perhaps it has, but I no longer pay attention because it's so comparatively low, that restaurants are finally opening longer and bars are open.

The vaccines really do have a big impact. No they aren't perfect, but NO VACCINE IS. People even still get chickenpox after being inoculated, and have side effects or some kind of reaction to it. There really is nothing new here, except for how loud idiots can be heard on social media (I'm referring to the ones who say dumb crap like the shot puts tracking devices in you and such nonsense) compared to the past.

The numbers started dropping like rocks because people started treating it like the flu. There are "rules" in place (masks and social distancing) but they aren't enforced.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the conspiracy friends:
i broke my foot less than half an hour after my second shot.

Quite literally it was probably due to dizziness.... I drove home after the second shot about a 10 minute drive. If I had to drive any further I would have been calling a cab home... Felt like I had been drinking. I had an appointment later that night, not going to lie I asked my GF to drive because I didn't feel like it was a good idea for me to drive lol

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The numbers started dropping like rocks because people started treating it like the flu. There are "rules" in place (masks and social distancing) but they aren't enforced.
they don't have to be enforced. In Japan, people have been wearing masks LONG before COVID. The vast majority simply wear their masks anyway. The workforce is pretty brutal, and they don't even want to try taking a sick day if it can be avoided. If they feel sick, they wear a mask to work. It's that simple, and it's always been like that as long as I've lived here.

The numbers dropped because of the Vaccinations. Period. Nothing else has changed here.

Reactions: Dakitten and Lacius

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My father got his 3rd shot recently and now he's feeling ill and tremors, according to my mother.

The first time it went fine (maybe a placebo), second time he was unable to move as he gotten ill and an awful back pain, and now, the third time he's ill and got tremors.

I really hope he makes through, but others who got vaxxed haven't recovered from the tremors.

Also, he was desperate and anxious for me to get vaxxed. No, I'd rather die than be injected with it.

A shitstorm's afoot and I'm just not mentally and emotionally prepared how hard I try.

Got nothing else to say.

Proof of these symptoms and that they were caused from being vaccinated, or you're talking purely out of your ass.

Reactions: Dakitten and Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as he stays off a ventilator, doesn't get shot, or is under 80, he'll probably be ok--in regards to Covid. Don't you have some children to sacrifice? I mean, to convince to be self-sacrificing for your future?
People don't get to choose whether or not they need a ventilator. If someone is unvaccinated, they're dramatically increasing the odds they will need one.

I don't sacrifice children. If you want to talk about sacrificing children in the name of ideology, I suggest you talk to the parents who refuse to vaccinate their children.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am absolutely allowed to acknowledge the scientific facts behind what is more or less likely to result in the death of a child. You're contributing nothing to the discourse.
Awesome, go ahead and quote the scientific facts concerning Covid-19 and children... this should be good.

EDIT: and after we've agreed that hardly any healthy children are at risk, no moving the goal posts to say well it's so they don't spread it to adults blah blah.

EDIT2: I'm feeling generous so here's the data from the UK GOV site..

Y5H9jvU.jpg

Last edited by subcon959,

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vaccines are never as risky as the disease they help fight, and anyone who genuinely thinks otherwise lacks critical thinking skills - period.

Reactions: Dakitten

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Vaccines are never as risky as the disease they help fight, and anyone who genuinely thinks otherwise lacks critical thinking skills - period.
The data for the disease is right there above your post. It's such a small number that it's ridiculous to even consider vaccinating children no matter how small the risk is.. and btw the threat of myocarditis in young males due to the vaccine is nothing to shrug off. People wanting mandates for child vaccination can go take a long walk off a short pier.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"MY BODY, MY RIGHT" But only when it applies to yourself and your own ideals. You don't give one fuck about anyone else's bodily rights unless they match your own. Just more right-wing hypocrisy at its finest.
Lay off the Ambien? Nothing you just said has anything to do with the discussion.

• Haha
Reactions: D34DL1N3R

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, go ahead and quote the scientific facts concerning Covid-19 and children... this should be good.

EDIT: and after we've agreed that hardly any healthy children are at risk, no moving the goal posts to say well it's so they don't spread it to adults blah blah.

EDIT2: I'm feeling generous so here's the data from the UK GOV site..

Y5H9jvU.jpg
https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Deaths-Focus-on-Ages-0-18-Yea/nr4s-juj3

There have been hundreds of child deaths in the US as a result of COVID-19, and even when you control for comorbidities, COVID-19 is far more likely to kill a child than a COVID-19 vaccine.

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still 700 more than from the vaccine.
Your point is biased.
And to both parties : could you PLEASE STOP asking for each other's death by drowning (for one part) and slur on the other (for the other part)? That adds nothing to the debate aside from making it very hard to read.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's 700 out of 756,961 total so you've just proved my point.
so you point is to not Vacciate Childern that although low death rate, can carry and spread Covid. So that a School out Break can infect 1000s of families per school....
You really want to explain to Timmy that He infected POP-POP and GAM-GAM with Covid he caught in school and they died because of that?

Reactions: Dakitten

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you missing the 2nd point of the Vaccine is to limit Spread and infection rate to reduce the risk of Mutation.

At this stage COVID does not kill kids in high numbers but we can be only 1 -2 mutation away from that.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you missing the 2nd point of the Vaccine is to limit Spread and infection rate to reduce the risk of Mutation.

At this stage COVID does not kill kids in high numbers but we can be only 1 -2 mutation away from that.
Luckily, that's not how mutations work. I can't even imagine a case where a mutation would cause a shift in specificity to target age. Maybe ask Fauci if he has some way to do it through gain of function splicing.

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The data for the disease is right there above your post. It's such a small number that it's ridiculous to even consider vaccinating children no matter how small the risk is.. and btw the threat of myocarditis in young males due to the vaccine is nothing to shrug off. People wanting mandates for child vaccination can go take a long walk off a short pier.
The whole point is to reduce the risk of spreading the disease, so the "data for the disease" (vague statement btw) you posted isn't relevant to the entire point.

To think you know better than the entire healthcare professional opinion is asinine. You need to do your homework before thinking you actually have a point to be made against an entire profession that's trying to help the planet during a pandemic.

This strategy wasn't developed at a round table with 100 people. It's the consensus across the board of 99% of professionals who have studied this for a living.

Not to mention the fact that we've already been through this with previous pandemics. It's fucking sad that people can't even bother to read up on why we're doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all