• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Chances are it's a manufacturing fault similar to glass found in jarred foods, which happens on occasion, if it's even verifiably a real, large-scale problem. If you're referring to the whole "the jab will make spoons stick to your body" conspiracy, that one is straight-up stupid just on the basis of how magnetism works, as explained by Electroboom, my favourite mad scientist.

If your blood was full of magnetised particles capable of strongly attracting large, metal objects through the skin, you would die instantaneously. It's not a thing. Not sure if you are, just figured I may as well address the latest crackpot conspiracy just in case.

silien3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Chances are it's a manufacturing fault similar to glass found in jarred foods, which happens on occasion, if it's even verifiably a real, large-scale problem. If you're referring to the whole "the jab will make spoons stick to your body" conspiracy, that one is straight-up stupid just on the basis of how magnetism works, as explained by Electroboom, my favourite mad scientist.

If your blood was full of magnetised particles capable of strongly attracting large, metal objects through the skin, you would die instantaneously. It's not a thing. Not sure if you are, just figured I may as well address the latest crackpot conspiracy just in case.

when you rub your feet in a certain way on a certain carpet you become magnetic and you will not die however your body generated by the electromagnetism moreover is not the blood which would be magnetic except the metalic stuff so that cancels the so-called death since its the machine that would be magnetic its like when you go to make radio in a radioactive device its risk but we do it anyway in the past some doctor even said after the radio if you attracted object come urgently
well they ignored a lot of stuff with the x-rays and radioactive at that time but seen who said its proves that one does not necessarily die being a magnet

moreover who says that its magnetism which would attract and nothing else its invalid all in this case here is the hypotesis of certain doctor invalidate at the end by me must remain logical anyway a hypothesis as to the fact that objects can stick to the arm afterwards the vaccine: a phenomenon of adhesion caused by an inflammatory reaction due to the vaccination temporarily modifying the structure of the skin by an excess of sebum or liquid.

invalidate: its would not be limited to the metal thing, even plastic would stick with their hypothesis must remain logical even when we lie

Edit: I do not believe in all that but the prohibition of most general practitioners to do the vaccine and covid test at least where I live does not encourage much confidence I specify that all other vaccines before the covid all general practitioners have it right and obligation to offer them and make them
so the fact that this vaccine is different should already make people ask questions

Last edited by silien3,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
invalidate: its would not be limited to the metal thing, even plastic would stick with their hypothesis must remain logical even when we lie
Uhh yeah...you can definitely get plastic stuff to stick to skin temporarily, and even for a long time if it's something as light as a plastic spoon. I'm sure I wasn't the only kid to fool around with random objects like that, lol.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

The focus was on the news of a suspicious batch. The "it's magnetic" was a tongue-in-cheek reference to what you are talking about. Why beat a dead horse? Try Ivermectin.

The fact that it is a widely circulated and unresolved issue is the news; not what you are talking about.

Last edited by tabzer,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
when you rub your feet in a certain way on a certain carpet you become magnetic and you will not die however your body generated by the electromagnetism moreover is not the blood which would be magnetic except the metalic stuff so that cancels the so-called death since its the machine that would be magnetic its like when you go to make radio in a radioactive device its risk but we do it anyway in the past some doctor even said after the radio if you attracted object come urgently
well they ignored a lot of stuff with the x-rays and radioactive at that time but seen who said its proves that one does not necessarily die being a magnet

moreover who says that its magnetism which would attract and nothing else its invalid all in this case here is the hypotesis of certain doctor invalidate at the end by me must remain logical anyway a hypothesis as to the fact that objects can stick to the arm afterwards the vaccine: a phenomenon of adhesion caused by an inflammatory reaction due to the vaccination temporarily modifying the structure of the skin by an excess of sebum or liquid.

Edit: I do not believe in all that but the prohibition of most general practitioners to do the vaccine and covid test at least where I live does not encourage much confidence I specify that all other vaccines before the covid all general practitioners have it right and obligation to offer them and make them
so the fact that this vaccine is different should already make people ask questions
Uhh yeah...you can definitely get plastic stuff to stick to skin temporarily, and even for a long time if it's something as light as a plastic spoon. I'm sure I wasn't the only kid to fool around with random objects like that, lol.
Why are we talking about this like it's a real thing? Static electricity and magnetic particles suspended in blood are two different things altogether. If your blood was full of tiny, strongly magnetic particles, they would clump together and kill you instantly, there is zero doubt that this is the case. In fact, it happens all the time. The worry when a child swallows a bunch of magnets is not "magnet poisoning", the worry is that they will stick together and tear the kid's guts apart. You're not generating a "magnetic field" when you wear a sweater, you generate an electrostatic charge.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrostatics

Not quite the same thing as ferrous magnets.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnet
The focus was on the news of a suspicious batch. The "it's magnetic" was a tongue-in-cheek reference to what you are talking about. Why beat a dead horse? Try Ivermectin.

The fact that it is a widely circulated and unresolved issue is the news; not what you are talking about.
Better yet, go to an actual doctor.

Reactions: ghjfdtg

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
A doctor is going to bring the horse back from the dead? Or is going to the doctor going to expedite a resolution for a widespread pharmaceutical blunder?
You shouldn't be using anti-parasitic drugs for a viral infection, or to build immunity. That is not their intended use.

Reactions: ghjfdtg

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You shouldn't be using anti-parasitic drugs for a viral infection, or to build immunity. That is not their intended use.

Seems you are insisting that we stay off the sensitive topic of a medical industry blunder that could affect over a million people by a single mistake.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Rofl. Yeah I thought the "plastic objects" part would've made that clear. Stuff sticks to human skin because we're sticky (oils, sweat). Especially when we haven't showered in a while. :shit:
These kinds of things just annoy me because (as you know) I'm a bit of an engi-nerd myself and to me it's something you can "dead reckon" even without a science degree. Gee willikers, what would happen if I put a bunch of strong magnets inside my body? Well, if I put some magnetic ball bearings in a bag, they become one huge clump. Gosh, I think I'd die. Not hard, at all.

Reactions: Xzi

silien3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
it also works with balloons :toot:
Why are we talking about this like it's a real thing? Static electricity and magnetic particles suspended in blood are two different things altogether. If your blood was full of tiny magnetic particles, they would clump together and kill you instantly, there is zero doubt that this is the case. You're not generating a "magnetic field" when you wear a sweater, you generate an electrostatic charge.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrostatics

Not quite the same thing as ferrous magnets.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnet
Better yet, go to an actual doctor.
yes the magnetism and the static electricity are 2 different thing if the machine uses the static electricity to attract its discredited magnetism and the death well that would not be limited to the metal but one never knows thus even if I do not believe it too much its stay in the possible this way or if the researcher we find something to stabilize the magnetism or if a new thing that attracts that we still ignore everything possible also even if the chances are slim its remains in the possible must be open minded :mthr:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Seems you are insisting that we stay off the sensitive topic of a medical industry blunder that could affect over a million people by a single mistake.
GBAtemp is not a self-medication board. Side effects of Ivermectin misuse include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hypotension, allergic reactions, dizziness, ataxia, *seizures*, *coma* and *death*. You absolutely should not take any medicine without consulting with a medical doctor. If you do, you are on your own. I would appreciate it if you kept those suggestions to yourself since you could accidentally *kill someone* dumb enough to listen.
yes the magnetism and the static electricity are 2 different thing if the machine uses the static electricity to attract its discredited magnetism and the death well that would not be limited to the metal but one never knows thus even if I do not believe it too much its stay in the possible this way or if the researcher we find something to stabilize the magnetism or if a new thing that attracts that we still ignore everything possible also even if the chances are slim its remains in the possible must be open minded :mthr:
No, it doesn't "remain possible". We know exactly why it works - because the flowing electric charge temporarily polarises the two surfaces, making them attract each other despite not being magnetic otherwise. This phenomenon immediately stops once the charge is gone - it is not permanent and it entirely relies on energy being injected into the system.

Reactions: ghjfdtg and Xzi

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
GBAtemp is not a self-medication board. Side effects of Ivermectin misuse include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hypotension, allergic reactions, dizziness, ataxia, *seizures*, *coma* and *death*. You absolutely should not take any medicine without consulting with a medical doctor. If you do, you are on your own. I would appreciate it if you kept those suggestions to yourself since you could accidentally *kill someone* dumb enough to listen.

So you are a medical board?

I'm not suggesting taking ivermectin. The closest thing I said was using it on a dead horse, as opposed to beating it.

You aren't addressing the actual subject at hand. You are throwing out red herrings.

Last edited by tabzer,

silien3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, it doesn't "remain possible". We know exactly why it works - because the flowing electric charge temporarily polarises the two surfaces, making them attract each other despite not being magnetic otherwise. This phenomenon immediately stops once the charge is gone - it is not permanent and it entirely relies on energy being injected into the system.
in our time knowing how something works does not make it impossible to modify its functioning allowing two smiles of the same sex to have babies from which certain babies have survived is the ultimate proof of this, normally the birth of a man a woman of chinese researchers have to modify this reality even if it is not yet reliable, females gave life to babies smiles in good health yes very few survived but proves that its possible not very ethical but it shows that the modification of the functioning of the magnetism by researchers remains possible or the creation of variant

research advances sometimes in good or bad the nuclear is there to prove also

Last edited by silien3,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm not suggesting taking ivermectin. The closest thing I said was using it on a dead horse, as opposed to beating it.

You aren't addressing the actual subject at hand. You are throwing out red herrings.
That's not the impression I got from reading it, but then again, it is 6AM, so if that's your explanation then fair. I already addressed the matter - it sounds like a manufacturing fault, if it's real.
in our time knowing how something works does not make it impossible to modify its functioning allowing two smiles of the same sex to have babies from which certain babies have survived is the ultimate proof of this, normally the birth of a man a woman of chinese researchers have to modify this reality even if it is not yet reliable, females gave life to babies smiles in good health yes very few survived but proves that its possible not very ethical but it shows that the modification of the functioning of the magnetism by researchers remains possible or the creation of variant research advances
Females tend to give birth to babies without much assistance. Jokes about the typo aside, it's not beyond the realm of possibility to fertilise an egg with otherwise unintended genetic material, it's how cloning works. It *is* impossible to create a constant electrostatic charge that doesn't require additional energy input because you cannot create energy out of thin air - the laws of thermodynamics are pretty clear on that one.

Tl;dr you cannot "stabilise" an electroststically charged non-magnetic material because its "magnetism" is caused by the flow of energy from one surface to the other which polarises them. The "sticking" is caused by you leaking energy from the system - if that flow is no longer present, the material will cease to behave like that. This is why electromagnets *require* a supply of energy, otherwise they do not function. An "infinitely charged" would require an infinite amount of energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...