• No

Votes: 185 30.8%

• Total voters

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's Pfizer I'll be interested in hearing about any after effects as I'm due my booster in a week or two.
Like all the other cool kids, I'm getting Pfizer. B-)

With my first dose in March 2021, I didn't have any side-effects. With my second dose in April 2021, I had a mildly sore arm but no other side-effects.

For context, I contracted COVID-19 in January 2021 (flu-like symptoms, loss of taste/smell, positive test), and I probably contracted COVID-19 before that in February 2020 (flu-like symptoms and loss of taste/smell, but no tests were available).

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Like all the other cool kids, I'm getting Pfizer. B-)

With my first dose in March 2021, I didn't have any side-effects. With my second dose in April 2021, I had a mildly sore arm but no other side-effects.

For context, I contracted COVID-19 in January 2021 (flu-like symptoms, loss of taste/smell, positive test), and I probably contracted COVID-19 before that in February 2020 (flu-like symptoms and loss of taste/smell, but no tests were available).
Did they offer you an antibody test before booking the booster? I'm surprised I haven't heard anything about them checking antibody levels to see if people even need boosters.

Reactions: tabzer

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did they offer you an antibody test before booking the booster? I'm surprised I haven't heard anything about them checking antibody levels to see if people even need boosters.
Nope, but I'm getting it through a pharmacy, not my doctor. I think if you can get it per the CDC guidance, they aren't doing antibody tests.

To be clear, I'm getting the booster because of my profession, not because of my age or health (young and healthy). In other words, the CDC says I "may" get the booster, but they aren't explicitly saying I "should" get it. I chose to get it.

Edit (link): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/booster-shot.html

tabzer

Maybe authoritarian
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's freely available for anyone to find and read. You seem to be missing the point that you are, at present, arguing against science, which is anti-science.

I'm not arguing against science by questioning the nature of your source. Is it hearsay? Is it "sponsored"? How would you begin to prove that a source was "independent" unless it was by yourself, for yourself?

young and healthy
Got covid 2x. Weak and frail?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not arguing against science by questioning the nature of your source. Is it hearsay? Is it "sponsored"? How would you begin to prove that a source was "independent" unless it was by yourself, for yourself?
You are arguing against independent and peer-reviewed science. Let us not pretend you're doing anything other than that. To say the science was somehow corrupt requires evidence.

I suggest you learn how infectious diseases work, particularly in high risk environments like public schools. The virus doesn't care how young and healthy you are with regard to infection. I had mild symptoms, and because of my age and health, I wasn't at high risk for serious symptoms or hospitalization. However, the odds weren't 0%.

Edit: My odds are now even better against severe illness and hospitalization because I'm double vaccinated (soon to be triple vaccinated). My odds of initially contracting the disease are also low because of the aforementioned vaccinations.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

that's not how any of this works. if you're curious how science gets published, what makes for a reputable journal, and what the peer-review process is, that's a fine topic to ask about. but stop flame-baiting and trolling if you're genuinely curious.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my third dose earlier this morning. The wait was kind of long (~40 minutes) since there were a lot of people, but all went well. I also got my flu shot at the same time. I chose to get one in each arm so I would know which, if any, caused soreness.

I was a little disappointed my keys haven't magnetically stuck to me after three doses, but I still have hope.

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
I got my third dose earlier this morning. The wait was kind of long (~40 minutes) since there were a lot of people, but all went well. I also got my flu shot at the same time. I chose to get one in each arm so I would know which, if any, caused soreness.

I was a little disappointed my keys haven't magnetically stuck to me after three doses, but I still have hope.
*gasp* Are you now emitting 6G??? Perhaps your own WiFi connection? Are you hospitalized?

Reactions: Lacius

The Catboy

GBATemp's Official Lesbian Catboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Lol, you aren’t arguing against it, you are just trying to change the topic because you have nothing.

LinkmstrYT

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
You wanted to see where I live? You stalker...
XP
Country
United States
That's cuz it's a different kind of "magnet". As we speak, an asteroid is actually locked on to your location several light years away. And while your days are numbered, you can enjoy boosted 5G from the booster shot microchips. :tpi:

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This study seems promising,

A highly potent antibody effective against SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern

Summary
Control of the ongoing SARS-CoV-2 pandemic is endangered by the emergence of viral variants with increased transmission efficiency, resistance to marketed therapeutic antibodies, and reduced sensitivity to vaccine-induced immunity. Here, we screen B cells from COVID-19 donors and identify P5C3, a highly potent and broadly neutralizing monoclonal antibody with picomolar neutralizing activity against all SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern (VOCs) identified to date. Structural characterization of P5C3 Fab in complex with the spike demonstrates a neutralizing activity defined by a large buried surface area, highly overlapping with the receptor-binding domain (RBD) surface necessary for ACE2 interaction. We further demonstrate that P5C3 shows complete prophylactic protection in the SARS-CoV-2-infected hamster challenge model. These results indicate that P5C3 opens exciting perspectives either as a prophylactic agent in immunocompromised individuals with poor response to vaccination or as combination therapy in SARS-CoV-2-infected individuals.

LinkmstrYT

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
You wanted to see where I live? You stalker...
XP
Country
United States
Your foolishness is cute, but science actually uses repeatable processes to predict outcomes with keen reliability, but blind faith is a coin flip at best. Perhaps you should add some facts and data instead of share your crazy?
No point in taking them seriously. They just joined today and their very first post is here of all places.

The Catboy

GBATemp's Official Lesbian Catboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I just would like say say that no one should EVER doubt the word of SCIENCE!
Those who would do such things are FOOLS!
You would dare doubt the word of what created all of us? Gives us everything we have?
The word of science is solid and unchanging. Immovable and unshakeable, NEVER to be questioned, amen.
We would not be where we are right now if not for science!
My faith, my trust, my everything is in science, and science will save me!
I PRAISE science and its only begotten son, Dr. Fauci, sent to spread the truth and nothing but the truth.
And glory be to all scientists who work in the name of science, may no one ever question or doubt them, for they will never fall prey to the temptation of greed or power!
Hallelujah!
Just say you are afraid of science and stop making an ass of yourself
That being said, the anti-vax crowd bring anything useful to the conversation?

Reactions: Lacius and Dakitten
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Reactions: BaamAlex
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i always do hours of research before i buy anything because half the crap you see gets bad reviews especially when it's on sale, stuff is usually on sale because it was a bad deal at full price and nobody was buying it
    Gift
  • KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie:
    Calm your tits it sound okay for the money lol
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sound bars are a scam
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No comment on whatever particular unit Kennie bought, don't really care
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Just, in general, sound bars are a scam.
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    An actual decent to good sound bar is going to be as expensive as a lower end home theater in a box system with less functionality and a poorer sound stage
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Which is to say you're spending so much money to still have 100% of the sound come from the bottom of the TV.
    Gift
    As long as it sounds good that's all I give a fuck about lol
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    aye long as you're happy with your purchase that's the important part
    Gift
    You really can't judge based on video reviews as it's not the pure sound coming from it
    Gift
    So any product reviewer can just say spend $200 more on this cause it sounds better be your own judge
    Gift
    Plus stores have that 30 day return thing if you're not happy with it return it it shouldn't need to be a huge deal lol
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I gotta sit down for a bit and play around with the new surround receiver I bought
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Does everything I need it to however it's got some peculiarities that either I'm just being big dumb and not understanding right, or are a complete dealbreaker
    Gift
    I'd love to own a good klipsch or Yamaha receiver but I don't really need to spend $200+ on a receiver living in a single bedroom apartment
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    *looks around nervously at single bedroom apartment*
    Gift
    As long as it booms out the crackhead I live around it's good enough
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Funny that, I actually just replaced a Yamaha receiver, replaced it with a manufacturer refurbished Denon unit
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Only reason for replacing is that the Yamaha unit was like 8 years old and didn't support 4k video
    Gift
    Denon makes good shit
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And now that I think of it, only a single device that's plugged into it is even capable of outputting a 4k signal anyway lmfao
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    my chromecast
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ps4, xbox one, switch, all 1080p I think. I don't have the ps5 or xsx yet
    Gift
    I wish Marshall could make good 7.1 receivers but they're more amp related
    Gift
    And audio technica