• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Covid-19 vaccine

Will you get the vaccine?

• Yes

Votes: 500 67.1%
  • No

Votes: 245 32.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

More vaccinated people are dying of the delta variant of covid than unvaccinated people, according to a recent report from Public Health England. The report shows that 489 of 742 people (65.9%) who died of the delta variant within 28 days of a positive covid test between 1 February 2021 and 2 August 2021, had received at least one dose of the vaccine. 54.1% (402 of 742) had received both doses. This seems like an alarming set of statistics, but with an imperfect vaccine and high vaccination coverage, it is exactly what we would expect.

https://blogs.bmj.com/bmj/2021/08/2...ated-this-doesnt-mean-the-vaccines-dont-work/

Before someone yells "conspiracy site" this site is still pro-vaxx if you read the post.

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is not alarming. Vaccines are known to not be 100% effective, and it is normal that when a majority of the population is vaccinated, as is the case in England, then the majority of people dying of the disease will also have been vaccinated. Also, compare that number of deaths (total, not just vaccinated) against the number of deaths for any period of the same length before vaccines were a thing, but after the stard of the pandemic. For example, take March-September 2020, or June-December 2020.
The number of people dying now of COVID-19 is far, far less than the number of people dying when the majority of people were not vaccinated.

Some people are manipulating numbers by only taking into account the ones that serve their interest, when you should be taking into account all the numbers, like I just did.The link you provided does that as well (and goes into the actual math too)

Last edited by RocaBOT,

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll even play along : in the same amount of time (5 months, since vaccination started there on a general scale on March 22), and using the death rate from 2019 (pre-COVID-19), around 3200 people died in the same timeframe and were not vaccinated (because COVID-19 was not a thing, and neither were its vaccines).
I will conclude that not being vaccinated from COVID-19 is what kills people, and does so more that the vaccins according to your own logic. What are you going to do with that @leon315 ?

Disclaimer: obviously this argument is as meaningless as the original one from @leon315's post is, this is just an example to demonstrate that this logic is completely flawed. You cannot say "X people died after doing something" or "X people died without doing something" and conclude that this something that was done or not done is the cause of death, that's just ludicrous.
I don't have an qualification to make any medical analysis, but judging from the study of Italian's Ministry of healthcare which we systematically banned Astrazeneca from under age 65 is a SOLID conclusion which shows that AZ JNJ vaccine are NOT suitable for younger population, they are high risks, if you are allowed to pick any vaccines go for Pfizer or moderna one, otherwise Good luck.

RocaBOT

Yo best puppy (but automated 🙃)
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't have an qualification to make any medical analysis, but judging from the study of Italian's Ministry of healthcare which we systematically banned Astrazeneca from under age 65 is a SOLID conclusion which shows that AZ JNJ vaccine are NOT suitable for younger population, they are high risks, if you are allowed to pick any vaccines go for Pfizer or moderna one, otherwise Good luck.
That does not answer the point I was making that your previous post was complete nonsense and manipulation. Jumping onto an other subject to hide the fact is not going to work. And your country was not the only one to ban AZ for younger people, and it was out of concern for a potential effect that was not yet even proved to exist, merely suspected. This by no means shows they are not suitable, it only shows that under circumstances where something is unclear, our instances are able to make the careful choice of taking the route that seems less risky.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Let's assume that the vaccine did kill all those people, just for funsies. In fact, let's go bananas about it, let's say it killed a million people (it didn't) worldwide. So far 5.13 billion shots have been dispensed to patients around the globe. Y'know what that means? It means that your odds of dying from it would've been 1 in 5130, or 0.019%. I like those odds. That's assuming you have a million bodies dead in the ground from the jab, which you absolutely do not.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Everything beyond your wildest dreams.
I did just finish taking a nap, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it looks like some conspiracy about people dying from the shot, so that’s a fun bit of nonsense

Reactions: Dakitten and Xzi

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did just finish taking a nap, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it looks like some conspiracy about people dying from the shot, so that’s a fun bit of nonsense
Well, that conspiracy has always been a thing. So yeah, nothing new other than making up stuff and moving goalposts, as usual.

Reactions: Xzi and The Catboy

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, that conspiracy has always been a thing. So yeah, nothing new other than making up stuff and moving goalposts, as usual.
Ah, the same old, I was hoping they would have posted a peer-reviewed paper by now

Reactions: Dakitten

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I mean, it's not nonsense - *some* people definitely can have a severe reaction to a vaccine injection, or even die. Let's not pretend that vaccine injury isn't a thing. The problem here is that, as I illustrated above, it's so extremely rare that it barely enters the calculus. COVID-19 is orders of magnitude more dangerous than the jab, and claiming otherwise is stupid. If someone is concerned about their health deteriorating as a result of the jab that has, effectively, a 0% chance of harming them, I sure hope they live in a bunker, because I can think of a whole lot of things we do every single day that are much more likely to kill us, often instantly.

Reactions: Lacius and Xzi

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I mean, it's not nonsense - *some* people definitely can have a severe reaction to a vaccine injection, or even die. Let's not pretend that vaccine injury isn't a thing. The problem here is that, as I illustrated above, it's so extremely rare that it barely enters the calculus. COVID-19 is orders of magnitude more dangerous than the jab, and claiming otherwise is stupid. If someone is concerned about their health deteriorating as a result of the jab that has, effectively, a 0% chance of harming them, I sure hope they live in a bunker, because I can think of a whole lot of things we do every single day that are much more likely to kill us, often instantly.
I never said anything about vaccine injuries not happening but thus far the people bringing up death/injuries from the vaccines are either posting their inaccurate numbers or overblowing the numbers. It is nonsense to treat these cases as an argument against vaccines. Plus, yeah, Covid is worse than anything from the vaccine side effects, which is why I call it nonsense.

Reactions: Dakitten

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Of course it's not posted yet. Their peers are smarter than them so it can't be submitted and published because they keep giving the paper back to the idiots after reviewing how dumb it all is.
I know they won’t post any actual peer-reviewed papers or even just a link in general. It makes me question how many of them actually trust their sources?

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know they won’t post any actual peer-reviewed papers or even just a link in general. It makes me question how many of them actually trust their sources?
They trust whatever fits their narrative. And sometimes, whatever they post that partially fits their narrative is because they block out the rest of the article from their minds as the rest of it contradicts what they only like to see in it.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here's a BBC clip about the current data on AZ risk of side effects. Basically, there is indeed an increased risk of blood clots, however, it is almost 10 times less than the same risk if you actually got Covid-19.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Best Piece of Argument done for mask and Vaccines

I ran thru 2 red lights and 3 stop signed because it my GOD DANG Right to the Road.

These Pants are restrictive and "it" cant breathe These pants are Against my Freedom..
I am now Pants-less.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
The Best Piece of Argument done for mask and Vaccines

I ran thru 2 red lights and 3 stop signed because it my GOD DANG Right to the Road.

These Pants are restrictive and "it" cant breathe These pants are Against my Freedom..
I am now Pants-less.

No shoe's no shirt no service, but a mask that's too far :wacko:

Last edited by SG854,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: These videos are soooo dry