Homebrew cover mods

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of a vbagx or SMS cover mod? Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work
biggrin.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Giantpune made a working cover version for tantric's emulators some time ago. Unfortunately, it never got implemented in future versions, and the project slowly died. You can probably still find the modded versions for snes or NES, but I'm unsure if VBA ever got finished (those covers were different for GB, GBC and GBA).
Never heard of a SMS cover mod.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Because in the end, tantric is still the original author of the emulators. I don't know the reasoning, but he decided not to use the modifications made by Giantpune.

Perhaps it's worth thinking about what covers actually mean. There is no standard for naming convention, nor a website from which you can get them (like wiitdb.com has all the wii covers). So it basically means you have to look for each cover pretty much by yourself, have it in the correct dimensions, name it exactly the same as your rom (except the extension) and place it in the correct folder before you can see the pretty end result. All in all, there's quite some work involved before you actually have something to show for it. Especially if you have more than a handful of roms to begin with.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
i can't understand why the covers mod was not implemented either the covers make the emu! all the usbl have them so why not the emus?
Personally I would find the covers way too much.
I've got something like 10000 nes roms. I can't be assed sorting the good from the bad so if all of these were displayed as covers it'd be ridiculous and very slow.

For emulators, I find the text list the much more intuitive interface. Perhaps in the N64 one it could work as most people have a lot less N64 roms. But for

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: