cover mods

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by drakorex, Jan 31, 2011.

Jan 31, 2011

cover mods by drakorex at 3:50 AM (986 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. drakorex
    OP

Member drakorex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Does anyone know of a vbagx or SMS cover mod? Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work [​IMG]

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Giantpune made a working cover version for tantric's emulators some time ago. Unfortunately, it never got implemented in future versions, and the project slowly died. You can probably still find the modded versions for snes or NES, but I'm unsure if VBA ever got finished (those covers were different for GB, GBC and GBA).
    Never heard of a SMS cover mod.

3. drakorex
    OP

Member drakorex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    How come when emus get updated, the covers aren't always implemented?

4. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Because in the end, tantric is still the original author of the emulators. I don't know the reasoning, but he decided not to use the modifications made by Giantpune.

Perhaps it's worth thinking about what covers actually mean. There is no standard for naming convention, nor a website from which you can get them (like wiitdb.com has all the wii covers). So it basically means you have to look for each cover pretty much by yourself, have it in the correct dimensions, name it exactly the same as your rom (except the extension) and place it in the correct folder before you can see the pretty end result. All in all, there's quite some work involved before you actually have something to show for it. Especially if you have more than a handful of roms to begin with.

5. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    i can't understand why the covers mod was not implemented either the covers make the emu! all the usbl have them so why not the emus?

6. Donkey Plonk

Member Donkey Plonk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Personally I would find the covers way too much.
    I've got something like 10000 nes roms. I can't be assed sorting the good from the bad so if all of these were displayed as covers it'd be ridiculous and very slow.

For emulators, I find the text list the much more intuitive interface. Perhaps in the N64 one it could work as most people have a lot less N64 roms. But for