Cover Display Prob w/ USB Loader 1.5 - Please Help?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Jive3D, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Jive3D
    OP

Member Jive3D GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm using USB Loader 1.5 with an external HD. Loading ISOs from the USB External HD is flawless, but I can't figure out how to get box art / covers to display within the USB Loader 1.5 gui.

The readme says the following regarding cover art:

"Add game cover (PNG format only): To add a game cover, copy the cover image inside "usb-loader/covers" folder in the root of the SD card. The file name must be the same as the game ID (with .png extension)"

I am launching the ISOs from the external HD and not from my SD card. I have tried creating a folder on my SD card in the root called "usb-loader" and then a "covers" folder within that. The image files that I have placed in this folder are PNG format and they are named the same as the ID for their corresponding game (For example, WBFS Manager 3.0, which is how I transfer ISOs to my external HD, says that the ID for Blast Works is "RBRE5G" and as such the image file is named "RBRE5G.png") I have ALSO made an NTFS partition of about 1gig on the external HD just for covers (alongside the other partition for ISO files which is of course WBFS formatted.) In the root of this partition I made a folder called "usb-loader" with a "covers" folder in that, with file naming conventions as noted above for the SD card - and USB Loader 1.5 still does not load the cover art.

So, why isn't USB Loader 1.5 "seeing" my cover (.png) files?

If this is answered somewhere else on the forum, please let me know - this is REALLY bugging me! Thanks!

2. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    are they the proper size?

should be 160 x 224.

Thats what i use and they work fine.

Also make sure the images are in the covers folder and not the usb-loader folder.

3. Jive3D
    OP

United States
    I don't know if it matters where the ISO is being launched from (SD vs USB External HD) - In my case I am launching the ISOs from USB External HD - So, where is the correct location (directory) for the cover files?

On the SD card's root in "usb-loader/covers" folder?
    OR
    On the External HD's NTFS partition root in the "usb-loader/covers" folder?

Thanks!

4. icebrg5

United States
    its on the sd card

usb-loader should be on the root and inside usb-loader should be covers folder and inside covers folder should be the 160 x 224 png images.

5. Jive3D
    OP

United States
    So the size of the image files was the problem.

Thank you!!

6. icebrg5

United States
    No problem