Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by mastershoes, Apr 9, 2012.

1. ToddofWar420

ToddofWar420 CoverFlow Artist

Mar 20, 2012
    United States
    Outworld
    This happens to me often when I'm adding new covers by the bulk. The best method I use is when the covers stop loading up, I just boot that game and then exit back to loader. Usually it will start making more .wfc files like it should. I'll repeat this a few times until I get all the covers. If I remember right I had this as a problem awhile back and brought it up with Fix. It's a WF mem2 issue if I remember right..

2. Vincez28

Vincez28 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2013
    Canada
    Thanks guys that did the trick, why does that happened? i also read here soon there will downloading emulator covers like the wii ones? are we still awhile away for that or soon?

Thanks,
    Vince

ToddofWar420 likes this.
  3. ToddofWar420

Mar 20, 2012
    United States
    Outworld
    It's just a nasty bug that needs to be ironed out.. As for downloading emulator covers, it's still a WIP.

4. Vincez28

Vincez28 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2013
    Canada
    Thanks, Keep up the great work

5. ToddofWar420

Mar 20, 2012
    United States
    Outworld
    Alright everybody,
    So I got a new cover here and I know it's not an emulated game but since this is the best cover thread, I wanted a comfortable place to share it. I've been playing Pandora's Tower on the Wii but it's only avaliable in UK and Japan. I don't like the original cover with the big fat green sticker and all that UK stuff (no offense UK ppl lol), and the cover is too small so it's was unreadable to my account, so I thought to make my own custom cover for it. I tried to keep it original with the NSTC look. Feel free to use this if you want too.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    It's 1024x680 so all you gotta do is right-click and save picture as..
    Game I.D. SX3P01

MassiveRican and Dump like this.
  6. MassiveRican

MassiveRican GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante

Aug 2, 2011
    Creeping in the Shadows
    WHAAAT!! Shooting a video freaakkkkiing SWEEETNESS dude!, mega good luck wit da band and can't wait 2 c da vid.

As far as covers go MS/TOW420 u guys are da best! U rock so hard if I wasn't straight I'd love u deeply lol. That's an insane Genesis set man great work guys. When are SNES covers gonna get that kinda love :sad: I don't even have the Master System plugin set up cuz i found myself hardly ever.. basically never using it :P lol.

Quick question does the Gen-MD Shrunken Spine US Master Set alson include what's in the Genesis/MegaDrive Japan and Japan [T-Eng] sets!? Cuz if they do then I don't need to double d/load the same covers :) Thanks again guys for so much hard work!

mastershoes and ToddofWar420 like this.
  7. mastershoes
    OP

mastershoes GameTDB Mod

Jun 25, 2011
    United States
    Thanks man! Yeah, looking forward to it, gonna be a shuupa shweet time!

As for the Gen-MD info, check out the spoiler in the OP, it has all the details about whats included... in short, yes, it includes all the exclusive japan games, but none that have a usa/europe equivelant (double). The translated US cover was used instead of Japan cover where available.

MassiveRican likes this.
  8. mastershoes
    OP

mastershoes GameTDB Mod

Jun 25, 2011
    United States
    Small Update for NES, not added to OP yet (probably won't be for a few days).

Added: 16 New Covers, 4 New Alts, and 2 Replacements (previous moved 2 alts) from thecoverproject.

They HAVE been incorporated into the individual download folders in the OP, (there is a seperate folder as well with only the current updates).

Here are the update .rar's if you want them all, i will update the all-inclusive .rar file when I update the OP.

NES Shrunken Spine Update 01-24-13

NES Standard Spine Update 01-24-13

Edit: My baaad on the Double Post.

ToddofWar420 likes this.
  9. ToddofWar420

Mar 20, 2012
    United States
    Outworld
    @ mastershoes, Let me know when your going to do the SNES update, I'm working on the missing covers we have verticals of.

Dump likes this.
  10. mastershoes
    OP

mastershoes GameTDB Mod

Jun 25, 2011
    United States
    I won't do any SNES updates until you finish your current project, I only have 5 or 6 that haven't been added yet ATM. :) Don't rush it homie.

11. MassiveRican

Aug 2, 2011
    Creeping in the Shadows
    Loving the cover for Pandora's Tower TOW420. Very nice, immediately replaced my old cover.

ToddofWar420 likes this.
  12. mike1

mike1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2012
    United States
    the folder now has 3 .zip files to make downloading easier. Atari 2600 @ 500 covers http://www.mediafire.com/?98fruqrxpbaxg

Dump, ToddofWar420 and MassiveRican like this.
  13. MassiveRican

Aug 2, 2011
    Creeping in the Shadows
    You should repost the link ;)

mike1 likes this.
  14. mike1

mike1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2012
    United States
    just got the sega set installed they look great!!! nice work

mastershoes likes this.
  15. ToddofWar420

Mar 20, 2012
    United States
    Outworld
    Thanks mike1, We're glad that you like 'em.
    and Thanks for reposting the Atari set too, very much appreciated.

@MassiveRican, Thanks for the compliment on my Pandora Tower cover. I spent quite abit of time trying to get it right.

16. mastershoes
    OP

mastershoes GameTDB Mod

Jun 25, 2011
    United States
    Update 01-29-13: Added a Nintendo DS set to the "Handhelds" section. Thanks to Dump for gathering up the images from thecoverproject, I aligned all the spines, did some tweaking and a lot of cleanups. There was also a recent update to the NES set (details a few posts back). The all-inclusive .rars have been updated, and images added to the individual downloads folder. There is also a seperate update folder located in the individual download folder that has all the new images only. Have Fun!

17. ToddofWar420

Mar 20, 2012
    United States
    Outworld
    Nice work on the DS covers mastershoes. After replacing mine I had, my covers looked way better and more vibrate.

mastershoes likes this.
  18. mastershoes
    OP

mastershoes GameTDB Mod

Jun 25, 2011
    United States
    Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that indivual download folders for Genesis/MegaDrive are now available for both standard and shrunken spine sets. Werrrd.

ToddofWar420 and Dump like this.
  19. mrusername

mrusername Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2013
    When I run the emu plugin on WiiFlow it shows two of each game? even though I only have the one rom in the emu folder, also I can't get the covers to show...i've put the in the plugin cover folder, should it be in the emu cover folder? (though none have a cover folder)

20. mrusername

mrusername Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2013
    Thanks in advance btw

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted