Homebrew Cover Collections for Emulators With Cover Support

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No cover updates in over a month, what gives guys?

Well, I have a nice Neo-Geo set i found, i have them all downloaded and partially converted, but got a little ways to go yet before they are done. I've been busy lately re-working the entire NTSC WiiWare set... so that's where my time has been lately. ToW pm'd me that he's got some more on the way soon, so maybe we can get Todd's update and this Neo-Geo set up sometime soon.

@leftwingzero - Thanks man :) As for the songs - I'll .rar 'em up when i get home later and pm them to you. They might be a pain to find, i had to convert a few of them from youtube video's.

leftwingzero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@leftwingzero - Thanks man :) As for the songs - I'll .rar 'em up when i get home later and pm them to you. They might be a pain to find, i had to convert a few of them from youtube video's.
Thanks!! That would be amazing!!

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DaveZ Your covers are looking much better. If you keep it up, I may even replace my own with yours.
@Drakorex Sorry, but I have been hella busy working long hours at work and spending more time with my Daughter since I don't see her as much as I like too..
But since I got that out of the way, I have been working like mad trying to get a new cover update to MS so he can do the finalization for the update. I'm going to be putting in some long hours tonight doing so.

@dj_darkside Did you try adding the proper extension to the covers for an example Super Mario Advance 2.zip.png ?

dj_darkside007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
@DaveZ Your covers are looking much better. If you keep it up, I may even replace my own with yours.
@Drakorex Sorry, but I have been hella busy working long hours at work and spending more time with my Daughter since I don't see her as much as I like too..
But since I got that out of the way, I have been working like mad trying to get a new cover update to MS so he can do the finalization for the update. I'm going to be putting in some long hours tonight doing so.

@dj_darkside Did you try adding the proper extension to the covers for an example Super Mario Advance 2.zip.png ?

yes...the extensions are in the image name...and the ini's match the dir's...

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried them both...i've even copied the images to multiple locations trying to figure out what is goin on...
If you want, send me a link to your set up so I can have a look at it. There shouldn't be a reason your having this much problem..
Better yet, Ima just send you my setup and see if that helps you any..

dj_darkside007

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
some reason my ini's were missing this line...
arguments={device}:/{path}|{name}|{loader}
see what happens after this fix...

EDIT: that line didnt fix anything...im gonna pack up a few files and let you have a look at it...

dean.b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, i need help. I have the updated version of wiiflow 4.0 v4 and i`m having trouble placing my sega mega drive covers in side the wiiflow cover folder. no matter what i rename the folder the images don`t show up. Now i have the nes and snes setup nicely but getting md covers working is another story. i tried wiiflow/covers, wiiflow/covers/genplus, wiiflow/covers/genplusgx, wiiflow/covers/genplusgxretro.

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, i need help. I have the updated version of wiiflow 4.0 v4 and i`m having trouble placing my sega mega drive covers in side the wiiflow cover folder. no matter what i rename the folder the images don`t show up. Now i have the nes and snes setup nicely but getting md covers working is another story. i tried wiiflow/covers, wiiflow/covers/genplus, wiiflow/covers/genplusgx, wiiflow/covers/genplusgxretro.

Are you using full covers? If so the default folder should be wiiflow/boxcovers/genplusgx

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Mastershoes, I was wondering if perhaps you could set up your download links a little different. Most of the cover sets have grown to an awesome, and somewhat overwhelming amount. Some people may have not been keeping totally up to date with the updates, and downloading the full sets would take too long. What I'm suggesting is that you set them up alphabetically (A-H, I-O, etc.) It would make it a bit easier to find just the ones we need if they are in there. :)

mastershoes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Mastershoes, I was wondering if perhaps you could set up your download links a little different. Most of the cover sets have grown to an awesome, and somewhat overwhelming amount. Some people may have not been keeping totally up to date with the updates, and downloading the full sets would take too long. What I'm suggesting is that you set them up alphabetically (A-H, I-O, etc.) It would make it a bit easier to find just the ones we need if they are in there. :)

Sorry drak, but that's not gonna happen! Lustar was talking about getting the retro sections up at gametdb soon though, so keep your fingers crossed!

It would simply take forever.. and every update, i would have to re-do every link... No thanks!

dean.b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HI guys, ever since upgrading this pack i.e wiiflow 4.0.4 and plugins, my wii has become unstable with some programs not working like usb loader and wiiflow sometimes randomly dumps or the plugin disappear. Any ideas? I would like to go back to scratch again but i`m to scared to do a restorewii as bootmii is not installed into my boot 2.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
HI guys, ever since upgrading this pack i.e wiiflow 4.0.4 and plugins, my wii has become unstable with some programs not working like usb loader and wiiflow sometimes randomly dumps or the plugin disappear. Any ideas? I would like to go back to scratch again but i`m to scared to do a restorewii as bootmii is not installed into my boot 2.
Hi dean.b, please post this on the wiiflow topic.

GordRyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all, new here. Awesome work on the coverflow.

I am a complete beginner when it comes to the wii mods.

I am having difficulty with a couple of things:

1) I want to get by systems separated as per mastershoes guide at the start of the thread. How do I setup the [3] .ini files has per the guide? Example for the GB/GBC/GBA, i have made up three .ini files (vbagx.ini, vbagx(1).ini, vbagx(2).ini) however when I go to the source menu in wiiflow, I can only get the regular GB to work. When I select the GBC or GBA, it asks me to select a partition, which of course it is all in the same place. What am I doing wrong?

2) ON the video at the start, the 3d boxcovers are proportioned well. My current setup it incorrect sized and I need to rotate them all 90deg counter clockwise. Not sure how to do this.

Thanks for your help.

Dump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, new here. Awesome work on the coverflow.

I am a complete beginner when it comes to the wii mods.

I am having difficulty with a couple of things:

1) I want to get by systems separated as per mastershoes guide at the start of the thread. How do I setup the [3] .ini files has per the guide? Example for the GB/GBC/GBA, i have made up three .ini files (vbagx.ini, vbagx(1).ini, vbagx(2).ini) however when I go to the source menu in wiiflow, I can only get the regular GB to work. When I select the GBC or GBA, it asks me to select a partition, which of course it is all in the same place. What am I doing wrong?

2) ON the video at the start, the 3d boxcovers are proportioned well. My current setup it incorrect sized and I need to rotate them all 90deg counter clockwise. Not sure how to do this.

Thanks for your help.

Hello GordRyan

reread this
-You must be using one of the more current "Wiiflow-Mod" Beta Releases.. One that supports "emuflow".
-Rename the covers exactly to match your rom names, i've included links to some handy re-naming utilities at the beginning of this post. Wait, your not done yet... you MUST ALSO INCLUDE THE ROM EXTENSION IN THE IMAGE NAME!! For example, if you're renaming your Nintendo 64 roms, they could be in a format of .n64, .v64, or .z64. These extensions MUST be include in the image filename! For Example - Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.z64(.png). Adding these extensions in bulk is EFFORTLESS with bulk rename utility. Open up explorer to view your filetypes, and add them all on as a "suffix". If you have multiple types of rom extensions for one emulator, just open up your folder containing the roms in Explorer, switch the view mode to "detail" and then select "type". That will seperate all your roms by there extension, and make it easier for you to group re-name.
-Put the fully Re-named covers into your wiiflow/boxcovers folder (or your custom folder setup in the .ini file - see the following example.) In this case the covers would go into "wiiflow/boxcovers/fceugx", and roms would go into "fceugx/roms".

[PLUGIN]
magic=46434555
coverColor=ff0000
coverFolder=fceugx
fileTypes=.nes|.fds|.nsf|.unf|.nez|.unif|.zip|.7z
romDir=fceugx/roms
dolFile=fceugx-mod9.dol
bannerSound=nes.ogg
displayname=FCEUltraGX
ReturnLoader=yes
consoleCoverID=nintendo

-If you want to split up your emulator roms for vbagx, genplusgx, or mednafen... check it out:
-You still only need the one .dol
-You will need an .ini file for each "seperate" system. (I.E. - GB/GBC/GBA... GEN/SMS/GG/SG1000... etc.)
-You will need to create a new magic number, with a value of at least "+10" of any other magic number... See the following example, Magic numbers in red.
-Also, only required for seperating gameboy games... roms must be in seperate folders, and the .ini must point there! Reason bieng that ".gb" will also be recognized by ".gbc" and ".gba". This conflict doesn't happen with genplus-gx or wiimednafen :). See the folder's seperated in Blue in the example.

[PLUGIN]
magic=56424158
coverColor=fcff00
coverFolder=GB
fileTypes=.gb
romDir=vbagx/roms/GB
dolFile=vbagx-mod9.dol
bannerSound=gba.ogg
displayname=Gameboy Classic
ReturnLoader=yes
consoleCoverID=nintendo

[PLUGIN]
magic=56424168
coverColor=fcff00
coverFolder=GBC
fileTypes=.gb|.sgb
romDir=vbagx/roms/GBC
dolFile=vbagx-mod9.dol
bannerSound=gba.ogg
displayname=Gameboy Color
ReturnLoader=yes
consoleCoverID=nintendo

[PLUGIN]
magic=56424178
coverColor=fcff00
coverFolder=GBA
fileTypes=.gba
romDir=vbagx/roms/GBA
dolFile=vbagx-mod9.dol
bannerSound=gba.ogg
displayname=Gameboy Advance
ReturnLoader=yes
consoleCoverID=nintendo

How to incorporate seperated emulators into your source_menu:

-Setup you're button's...
-Make sure your "buttons" name are the same as the .png's in your source_menu folder (In Blue).... "image_s" is the image that appears when "hovered"over.
-Make sure your "magic #'s" match between your "emulator.ini" file and "source_menu.ini" file.

[BUTTON_8]
image=GB.png
image_s=GBb.png
source=plugin
magic=56424158
emuflow=6

[BUTTON_9]
image=GBC.png
image_s=GBCb.png
source=plugin
magic=56424168
emuflow=6

[BUTTON_10]
image=GBA.png
image_s=GBAb.png
source=plugin
magic=56424178
emuflow=6

and for the second question i think what your wanting is to press (1) or (2) button on wiimote to change the emuflow im not sure if thats what your asking i hope this helps man:)

GordRyan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have created a file called vbagx.ini In this file I have copy and pasted mastershoes three plugins has described above. I download the source_menu.ini from mastershoes download so that is ready to go.

When I click the gameboy color or the gameboy advance, nothing happens. It asks for which partition to select. When I select the regular gameboy, it works fine.

Why can I not get all three of them to work? What does it mean -You will need an .ini file for each "seperate" system. (I.E. - GB/GBC/GBA... GEN/SMS/GG/SG1000... etc.)

What do I call the three .ini files? GB.ini, GBC.ini, GBA.ini?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.