Won't fix Courtroom Subforum?

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably not a very practical one, but I use to browse a forum that had one. If there were questionable bans, which probably wouldn't happen often since the staff here are super awesome and know what they're doing, they would be taken care of in a public court thread. I might have to try to remember what forum it was and link an example. What do you guys think?

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Let me save the staff here some time by saying... no.

If this site is like any other, the mods don't want to deal with ban appeals, and have a rule saying that bans are not up for debate. Also, if the current staff can't handle the load, there's no need for a courtroom, just more moderators.

Reactions: HaloEliteLegend

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Not gona happen, we generally give people multiple chances to sort themselves out before we end up banning them unless they really take the piss. Anyway we have a staff sub-section entirely dedicated to managing members where we discuss troublesome individuals thoroughly so you could say that is a "courtroom" but just for staff. Allowing members to appeal and debate our moderating would end up causing tons of drama, extra work for the staff and in my opinion would be damaging to the well-being of the forum in the long run and would probably not lead to us changing our minds about bans anyway.

Reactions: T-hug
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Probably not a very practical one, but I use to browse a forum that had one. If there were questionable bans, which probably wouldn't happen often since the staff here are super awesome and know what they're doing, they would be taken care of in a public court thread. I might have to try to remember what forum it was and link an example. What do you guys think?
If a courtroom is to work, it has to be closed. Opening it up just gives way for trolls, abuse, hate, etc.

Also, the Temp has a rule that bans aren't up for appeal. Otherwise, everyone who got banned would be sending ban appeals.

I feel the mods and admins can be a lot more efficient at finding more offenders if they aren't burdened by appeals and constant reviews of past moderative actions.

Rather, we should focus on having good mods (which we already do!).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte