Apple Couple questions after re-jailbreaking

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
K so I just updated to 4.2.1 from 4.1 and jailbroke using greenp0sion RC 6, firstly (this is a good thing) my storage went from 10GB available to 12.5GB available even though i put the exact same apps and tweaks as i had before? Does this mean when i was deleting stuff before it wasnt clearing properly and if so is there anyway to make them delete completely so the same thing doesnt happen again, 2.5 GB is alot.

Also my Cydia now loads much faster but theres a problem, after downloading an app and you click on "return to cydia" it just hhangs there for a bit as if you didnt press anything then turns blue and goes back to cydia, before it was instant, is this a problem with the jailbreak or just something i have to deal with?

And im not sure if its in my head or not but it seems my batteries dying out a bit faster then it used to before (i jb'd with limerain the first time btw if thats important). is that a "side effect" or am i imagining?

Aijelsop

Question Asker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does Cydia just hang there every time you press Return to Cydia?

Yeah, you got the updated version of Cydia. Lucky! It's super fast.

It shouldn't affect the battery at all. Restore?

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
misticknight said:
K so I just updated to 4.2.1 from 4.1 and jailbroke using greenp0sion RC 6, firstly (this is a good thing) my storage went from 10GB available to 12.5GB available even though i put the exact same apps and tweaks as i had before? Does this mean when i was deleting stuff before it wasnt clearing properly and if so is there anyway to make them delete completely so the same thing doesnt happen again, 2.5 GB is alot.

Also my Cydia now loads much faster but theres a problem, after downloading an app and you click on "return to cydia" it just hhangs there for a bit as if you didnt press anything then turns blue and goes back to cydia, before it was instant, is this a problem with the jailbreak or just something i have to deal with?

And im not sure if its in my head or not but it seems my batteries dying out a bit faster then it used to before (i jb'd with limerain the first time btw if thats important). is that a "side effect" or am i imagining?

nope, i think it's to do with the jailbreak itself

i find that it's normal of the new cydia (as long as it work then that fine)

and the battery issue could be because of the updated firmware.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
aight thanks for the help guys, guess i can rest easy now
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉