Hacking Couple of Save Data Questions I can't figure out

TotalInfinity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, super happy about the new Gateway exploit, ordered my gateway right after it came out (before they all went out of stock) and while it's on its way, thought I'd at least install the 4.5 CFW, which took a day and a half but I got it finally (damn internet settings). Still, I've had my 3ds for a while, and built up a lot of stuff I wouldn't want to lose, however with the 3ds being funky about save data, I couldn't find anything out on the questions I had.

My situation is this. I have a 3ds sd card with all my sd card save data, and a decent number of 3ds titles and virtual console titles. I played the retail card of Fantasy Life, getting save data on my SD card (since its weird and saves there). I backed up all my 3ds data to my computer before I did the 4.5 install process, which is a temporary measure until my gateway gets here and I can go full emunand. While my data was backed up, I installed Persona Q (firmware spoofed) as a cia to test it, and it worked. In my joy at having something work, I immediately decided to start playing it, and now I already have 20+ hours into it. But the questions I have are:

1. Is it possible to take my singular Persona Q save data and merge it with my SD card backup without losing any data?

2. Is it possible to take my Fantasy Life retail cart savedata and port it to a .cia version? (since it is firmware spoofed, I can play it whereas I cannot play my retail cart atm, as well as having the dlc .cia)

3. Will I lose savedata due to the keys being different? I heard that saves made after 6.X will no longer work, however is there a way past this?

4. I read that with a second SD card I can install emunand, thus having an SD card with 4.5 CFW, and another with emunand. Will the emunand card be able to play all my 9.2 sysnand titles? I would appreciate being able to enjoy my copy of smash again (I still would like to take the fantasy life save and put it on the 4.5 card with the .cia of it)

I have heard there's a SaveDataFiler .cia that can extract saves, and I don't know if I can use that for these purposes. My SC card still currently only has Persona Q on it, and the rest of my data is still on my computer waiting to come back. Any help from you guys as to what is possible would be GREATLY appreciated!

jkoodo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
let me help you with persona q
what format are you playing ? 3dz or 3ds or cia ?
for 3dz and 3ds just copy 0004000000123400.sav for US region
and 0004000000149F00.sav for EU region
for cia just use savedatafiller

but i'm warning you you can only back up the game progress not the map
so even though you copy your save and all back up files from SD Card A to B
you will lose your map data which you must draw it again

TotalInfinity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CIA, savedatafiler then. I don't mind redrawing the map I suppose, better than losing ALL my progress, plus I can always look at another map. Still curious on whether I can backup my fantasy life save data from sd card to cia.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi