Al3Drk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I have some questions
1) Is it necessary to initialize switch before nand backup every time a new firmware update comes? I mean can I backup my switch without removing games I bought/ download from eshop?
2) after reading threads about kosmos and vanilla atm I'm a bit confused. I know how to boot into atm with fuse primary with tegraRCM. I even know how to first boot into hekate then choose my fuse primary from boot options. My question is how do I boot with hekate without needing fuse primary?
3) I have 2 separate sd cards. One for emummc and one for OFW to go online. I'm always afraid to boot into cfw while I'm injecting fuse using tegra RCM. As I gathered from some comments here there is a way to prevent accidental boots into atm in sysnand with editing bootloader files in hekate. Can someone link me to somewhere I can read more or kindly explain how can I prevent accidental boots into cfw atm and not emummc?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
1) Didn't get the question at all. What does it have to with games/eshop? You just back up your nand once in case something bad happens so that you can get back important files like keys, prodinfo and other console specific stuff.
2) When you download KOSMOS package, it contains modified hekate.ipl with preconfigured presets for loading CFW (like CFW sysNAND, emuMMC, OFW, lakka etc), so you don't actually choose a payload to launch, you choose presets. I prefer vanilla atmos all the way and having to configure and download everything manually.
3)I don't use emummc, can't help, but there should be an autoboot option in hekate - https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/hekate#configuring-auto-boot-with-hekate
(also is it that hard to just pay attention to what you choose to launch lol?)

Last edited by bad361,
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ SG854: carbination