Hardware Couple of Questions

Engelmeisterr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently own a DS Lite and am planning on buying a 3DS in the near future. I wanted to buy a flashcart that I could use currently for my DS Lite and that I could use when I do buy a 3DS. I researched a little bit and found that the R4i Gold 3DS would be a decent choice for me.

1. Will there be any problems using this flashcart in either my DS Lite or my 3DS?

2. Is there a good chance that there will be an update for the 3DS that will make the flashcart inoperable?

3. If I emulate a game like Pokemon, for example, is it possible to trade between the emulated copy and a legit copy?

4. Is this website a legitimate retailer of R4i Gold? http://www.dwtechz.com/r4i-gold-revolution...ds-p-16963.html

Thanks for any help with these problems.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Engelmeisterr said:
I currently own a DS Lite and am planning on buying a 3DS in the near future. I wanted to buy a flashcart that I could use currently for my DS Lite and that I could use when I do buy a 3DS. I researched a little bit and found that the R4i Gold 3DS would be a decent choice for me.

1. Will there be any problems using this flashcart in either my DS Lite or my 3DS?
If you're referring to r4i Gold DSN (from www.r4ids.cn), no. They release regular updates to counter ninty's updates and have wood r4 support.

2. Is there a good chance that there will be an update for the 3DS that will make the flashcart inoperable?
Yes; don't update your 3DS or DSi if you are planning to use your flashcart on it. Wait until your cart's website releases an update.

3. If I emulate a game like Pokemon, for example, is it possible to trade between the emulated copy and a legit copy?
Yes

4. Is this website a legitimate retailer of R4i Gold? http://www.dwtechz.com/r4i-gold-revolution...ds-p-16963.html
I don't know >_>

Some Advice: keep your DS lite just in case you have to use it to update, whenever a new update is released - don't sell it.

Engelmeisterr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:
Engelmeisterr said:

If you're referring to r4i Gold DSN (from www.r4ids.cn), no. They release regular updates to counter ninty's updates and have wood r4 support.

Yes; don't update your 3DS or DSi if you are planning to use your flashcart on it. Wait until your cart's website releases an update.

Yes

I don't know >_>

Some Advice: keep your DS lite just in case you have to use it to update, whenever a new update is released - don't sell it.
Thanks for your help, I guess I'll buy from the website I linked to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1