OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've read a lot on GBAtemp, and I have to say - you guys really know what you're doing.

Because of this forum, I've managed to chip my Wii (first gen Wiikey), installed HBC, Homebrew Browser, and lots and lots of homebrew. However, there are three things that I haven't found an own topics for (or too many..)

1) I've just DL'd Puzzle Bobble (or Bust-a-Move in NTSC?) PAL WiiWare, and this; Puzzle.Bobble.PLUS.PAL.WiiWare.DLC.Complete.Wii-OneUp
-> How do I install these? As far as I know, there is an installer for Guitar Hero WT, can I use that one as well on this? Or is there another installer?

2) Wii themes -> Highly possible to brick your wii? I have a PAL 4.0 menu, how can I backup the "original" theme, and how can I install new ones safely? I found a topic, but I think it was 4.0U only.

3) My Wii is getting full (yes, all the 512 megabytes ^^), an I use the Savegame Extractor to backup all the files, and then later on use them? How do you backup your saves / move them? Do you have an SD-card in your Wii all the time with saves, channels, etc?

Thank you for your help! I'm really sorry for opening such a "mixed" topic, but I really want to know the answers to these questions, hope you'll help out a newb

pesaroso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I just managed to install a Wii theme
biggrin.gif
Easier than I thought, I just read up on WADder.net

So, scratch question nr 2, but still 1 and 3 remains. Anyone?

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For question one, you need to download WAD Manager. Install the regular WiiWare title first, then install the DLC.

For question three, you can use the Savegame Extractor for that, but I'd suggest simply upgrading to system menu 4.0 and then transferring your WiiWare/VC titles onto an SD card (instead of moving save files, which are generally much smaller in size).

Tell me if you have any more questions.

pesaroso

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much!

The first one, I have WAD Manager, I used it to install the WiiWare-title. I just didn't know that I could use the same program to install DLC
wink.gif

As for the Savegame Extractor, I'm already on System Menu 4.0, but some savegames I cannot copy (such as Smash Bros Brawl, and it's close to 200 blocks in size..)
Are you able to transfer all of your saves? :/

Also, I got my theme working now, but not the "warning, health and safety" etc. As far as I know, I will have to use SoftMii to patch the intro screen, right? I've googled around to get a download-link for SoftMii, but I cannot find any. There are lots of "SoftMii v3.0!" highlights, but is the third version really out? And is SoftMii working with system menu 4.0?

Cheers!

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Savegame Extractor, you should be able to copy save files that the Wii has put restrictions on (although admittedly I haven't tried this for several months).

This is the official SoftMii website: http://gamingexposed.com/. The link for it version 3 should be there, although I haven't used SoftMii myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse