Hacking Couple of questions (regarding Daybreak and tinfoil)

Eyfron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi everyone, i was finally able to migrate to atmosphere (it was harder then it should due a corrupted boot0 hahaha). But now that on atmopshere i was trying to update my emunand to 12.0 and use tinfoil and im geting two diferent error on both.

1) Daybreak.
I've downloaded the firmware from darthsternie and I always get this error when Im trying to install it via daybreak:
VyB0JCc.png

I've already tried diferent firmware and my sd was tested with h2testw before doing the atmosphere install. My atmosphere is installed as file and not hide partition, idk if that changes anything.

2) Whathever I try to install and launch tinfoil my atmosphere crashes, I already tried to delete the software and reinstall it with no sucess =(
Cyy3Bak.jpg

I dont know if thats enough infos regading the problem but my atmosphere is on version 0.19.3, my emunand is on 10.2 and i have downlaod and included the signature patches via AIO updater, other homebrews like goldleaf and any games are working fine.

edit: Im using a mariko console with the sx os chip

Last edited by Eyfron,

Eyfron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ok....the other thing you could try is download the firmware from here and try it again if it still fails could be an SD card issue.

https://darthsternie.net/switch-firmwares/

Thats where I've downloaded before, tried both 11.0.0 and 12.0.0 with no success =(
Could be the sd card but i have tested it before doing anything.
Is there a way to test it again without formating?

Last edited by Eyfron,

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thats where I've downloaded before, tried both 11.0.0 and 12.0.0 with no success =(
Could be the sd card but i have tested it before doing anything Is there a way to test it again without formating?

Also were these done on a Mac...if so you could also do the following

running sudo chflags -R arch on all directories aside from the official Nintendo directory

Eyfron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Also were these done on a Mac...if so you could also do the following

running sudo chflags -R arch on all directories aside from the official Nintendo directory

Not I was just using a windows machine, I read a thread on this forum talking exactly about this so I changed.
Can I just update the emunand to the current firmware (12.0.3 i guess?) via the nintendo updater? I know its not the ideal solution but...

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not I was just using a windows machine, I read a thread on this forum talking exactly about this so I changed.
Can I just update the emunand to the current firmware (12.0.3 i guess?) via the nintendo updater? I know its not the ideal solution but...

Yes as long as your switch isn't banned....to be honest I have 4 switches 1 legit and 3 hacked and the hacked ones I always set up from clean. but yes you could do it that way also.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Someone else with the same issue posted this

Fixed this by using the "Fix Archive Bit" on hekate (tools -> Arch bit * RCM -> Fix Archive Bit). Seems it's a sd card issue.

Eyfron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes as long as your switch isn't banned....to be honest I have 4 switches 1 legit and 3 hacked and the hacked ones I always set up from clean. but yes you could do it that way also.

Someone else with the same issue posted this

Fixed this by using the "Fix Archive Bit" on hekate (tools -> Arch bit * RCM -> Fix Archive Bit). Seems it's a sd card issue.

I will take a look on it, thanks for the heads up.
Due the icognito mode on atmos I would need to update my nand and not the emunand as far I have understand and i really want to avoid it until everything is working hehehe

Last edited by Eyfron,

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if I were you.....if you dont want to run the risk backup all of your saves...format you SD card to fat32 and start again..

Then you won't need to use incognito you can use the hosts of latest AMS to block all NINTYs severs or you could use exosphere.ini on new atmosphere place it in the root of the SD card and it will block SN sending by default.

if you need a hand give me a shout.

Eyfron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if I were you.....if you dont want to run the risk backup all of your saves...format you SD card to fat32 and start again..

Then you won't need to use incognito you can use the hosts of latest AMS to block all NINTYs severs or you could use exosphere.ini on new atmosphere place it in the root of the SD card and it will block SN sending by default.

if you need a hand give me a shout.

Ok, I will try to format the sd card and run another test on the sd card before doing anything asnd post a ss with the results. I will probally need to reach you out after reinstalling everything to be honest, Im a moron on this things hahaha

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I will try to format the sd card and run another test on the sd card before doing anything asnd post a ss with the results. I will probally need to reach you out after reinstalling everything to be honest, Im a moron on this things hahaha
mate dont stress thats why we are here as a community just reach out and we will help out no problem

Eyfron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
mate dont stress thats why we are here as a community just reach out and we will help out no problem

I will be a 100% honest, I dont have a clue what I did diferent from before but after formating the sd card, rechek it with the h2testw again and redoing all the steps eveyrthing just worked fine. Thank you very much for the help! I got the switch on the 12.0.0 with daybreak and tilfoil decided it was a good time to work as well.

Last edited by Eyfron,
Reactions: burhansalih

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Who's whipping who?