Hacking Couple of questions on SX Core

Banthors

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am thinking of buying an SX Core but there are some questions i habe that i cant seem to find anywhere or have got mixed i formation about.

I know i can install a emunand on top of the sysnand but i have heard that sxos replaces the sysnand and you can create a clean emunand. I want to have a virgin sysnand to play online games but i want my emunand for backups and homebrew and to update to latest firmware to avoid bans?

From the install it looks like we replace the nand module with the modchip. Would it be possible to revirginize the system by just putting back in the eMMC module or is that only the system storage and not the nand. The offical install instructions call it a nand.

What is the steps after install. I have looked at so many fourms and videos and every single one ends on the grump boot.dat. What all has to be done after to setup emunand cfw?

What is the illegal number that reswitched exposed from sxos. I know gateway had some code that was bricking 3ds. I just cant find what those numbers mean for the switch?

Thanks for all the help guys.

Helidwarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know i can install a emunand on top of the sysnand but i have heard that sxos replaces the sysnand and you can create a clean emunand. I want to have a virgin sysnand to play online games but i want my emunand for backups and homebrew and to update to latest firmware to avoid bans?
Once installed during the first boot you enter the sx bootloader, at that point you can backup your pristine sysnand to your sd car and then create an emunand that will remain on the sd card, you sysnand will remain untouched unless you decide to not use emunand or you booted cfw without having created an emunand first, after that if you want to play online on your sysnand you need to turn on your switch with the volume + button pressed, you will enter sx bootloader again after which there's an option called original boot that will remove traces of the sx chip (according to TX at least) and you would be able to safely go online.

From the install it looks like we replace the nand module with the modchip. Would it be possible to revirginize the system by just putting back in the eMMC module or is that only the system storage and not the nand. The offical install instructions call it a nand.

No sx modchip glitches the bootrom in order to hack the switch, if you remove the chip without restoring boot0 and boot1 (which you get by backing up sysnand) your console will not boot and will show you a blue screen (of death).

What is the steps after install. I have looked at so many fourms and videos and every single one ends on the grump boot.dat. What all has to be done after to setup emunand cfw?

after you get the grumpy sd card screen you download the latest BETA version of SX OS and you can enter the bootloader.
correct steps would be:
1) first and foremost backup sysnand
2) create emunand
3) boot cfw, it will tell you it cannot find license.dat, and will create a license-request.dat on your sd, you then upload the request file to tx's website and you will get a license.dat
4) put license.dat to your sd and boot, the console will automatically boot into CFW, if done successfully by going to the album you will enter sx homebrew menu
5) get your homebrew apps to your sd
6) run lockpick.nro and incognito.nro to backup your partial prod.key and wipe your console serial to prevent bans
7) install games

What is the illegal number that reswitched exposed from sxos. I know gateway had some code that was bricking 3ds. I just cant find what those numbers mean for the switch?
People decompiled sx os and there are mainly 2 things that people are angry with
1) sx os used open source code from atmosphere and other projects in a closed source project which is illegal.
2) sx os' way to mount XCI uses proprietary Nintendo code that was dumped from a cartridge making it VERY illegal.

Reactions: Banthors

Banthors

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Helidwarf Thank you for taking the time to anwser all those questions. It seems like than it is safe to use sx os and the switch togheter to make sure i dont get banned on the sysnand side and it sounds like i can revirginze my switch if i so decide from sx os. Those were my biggest concerns. I know its not 100% certain but if i keep my pristine sysnand and make sure nonthing transfers over from emunand i should never have to worry about a ban? Are you using sxos. How stable is it? One last thing you said tx says that original boot should be a 100% virgin boot. Can anyone from the community verify that or is that just what tx says? I dont want to risk the ban.

run lockpick.nro and incognito.nro to backup your partial prod.key and wipe your console serial to prevent bans

I assume this is on emunand to prevent it from ever being able to connect to nintendo servers?

Last edited by Banthors,

Helidwarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Helidwarf Thank you for taking the time to anwser all those questions. It seems like than it is safe to use sx os and the switch togheter to make sure i dont get banned on the sysnand side and it sounds like i can revirginze my switch if i so decide from sx os. Those were my biggest concerns. I know its not 100% certain but if i keep my pristine sysnand and make sure nonthing transfers over from emunand i should never have to worry about a ban? Are you using sxos. How stable is it? One last thing you said tx says that original boot should be a 100% virgin boot. Can anyone from the community verify that or is that just what tx says? I dont want to risk the ban.

run lockpick.nro and incognito.nro to backup your partial prod.key and wipe your console serial to prevent bans

I assume this is on emunand to prevent it from ever being able to connect to nintendo servers?

I have a sx core installed and am running FW10.0.4 with SX OS 3.0.4 beta, I have not had a crash yet so I'd say its stable enough, tho I mostly just run game backups so I can't vouche for homebrews.

Regarding the genuine boot option only TX knows what it really does, they have said it 100% removes any traces of the modchip from your system but its only their word, nobody has verified it yet since SX OS is closed source.

There will always be a risk of bans, so far I haven't read about anyone using TX modchips getting banned but for all we know nintendo might have a list already. What you can do is reduce that risk by minimizing the console specific info being available to nintendo and yes lockpick.nro and incognito.nro should be run ONLY on the emunand.

Last edited by Helidwarf,
Reactions: Modificatorul

Banthors

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Helidwarf Im creating a mega list/thread for the install before/After that every person should do because there seems to be a lack of info available. Do you mind if i link the information you told me?

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No sx modchip glitches the bootrom in order to hack the switch, if you remove the chip without restoring boot0 and boot1 (which you get by backing up sysnand) your console will not boot and will show you a blue screen (of death).

This is the part I'm most confused about. At what point does this happen? Does it happen when you first boot the bootloader? Does it happen to just emunand? If it was sysnand doesn't it happen the first time you boot the bootloader, before you even get a chance to backup the nand? Or is it the actual exploit that allows custom code to run, which back to my last question, wouldn't it effect only the emunand?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Banthors

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the part I'm most confused about. At what point does this happen? Does it happen when you first boot the bootloader? Does it happen to just emunand? If it was sysnand doesn't it happen the first time you boot the bootloader, before you even get a chance to backup the nand? Or is it the actual exploit that allows custom code to run, which back to my last question, wouldn't it effect only the emunand?

Thats a very good question. I assume it has to do with replacing the nand or emmc but it does bring up a very good point. Since something has to be changed to boot into the sx os when you do a sysnand backup it has already been changed to allow the sx os to run. Another theory thats pure speculation is maybe it is running a modified nand to allow it to boot into sxos and than it allows you to pull out the original nand before it does its magic to your nand. Kinda like sx os is on a emu nand and than when you boot into cfw it replaces the nand with its magic than. Not sure again just speculation.

Actually upon thinking about it for a bit. The most logical thing is it is acting like a pre boot before the switch even boots. When you backup your sysnand it is before anything is done to the boot sectors. After you boot cfw it messes with the boot sectors. I cant confirm this as i havent seen any code maybe someone with more experience can confirm.

Last edited by Banthors,

Helidwarf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Helidwarf Im creating a mega list/thread for the install before/After that every person should do because there seems to be a lack of info available. Do you mind if i link the information you told me?
Do what you want with the info, I was just spreading information I got while researching my install :)

It happens when you first boot the bootloader, however the sx core knows bits it modifies to the nand so when you do your backup it backs up the unmodified boot0 and boot1 so you can restore them later. It affects the sysnand and you will get a blue screen if you remove the chip, as can be attested by many who failed the install.

Reactions: hartleyshc

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do what you want with the info, I was just spreading information I got while researching my install :)

It happens when you first boot the bootloader, however the sx core knows bits it modifies to the nand so when you do your backup it backs up the unmodified boot0 and boot1 so you can restore them later. It affects the sysnand and you will get a blue screen if you remove the chip, as can be attested by many who failed the install.
Excellent. When I first installed my SX Lite, the first thing I did was back up my nand, and then immediately after created the emunand, which of course wiped my original backup. I backed up the nand again, but I had always wondered if my boot0 and boot1 backups were modified or not.

Makes sense the way you describe, and honestly it's the way it should be.

Banthors

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It happens when you first boot the bootloader, however the sx core knows bits it modifies to the nand so when you do your backup it backs up the unmodified boot0 and boot1 so you can restore them later. It affects the sysnand and you will get a blue screen if you remove the chip, as can be attested by many who failed the install.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the info that makes sense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs