Hacking Question Couple of Questions about SX OS

5viki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I am planning to buy SX Pro, but I still have some questions I can't find an answer:

If I use SX OS EmuNAND, Stealth Mode, 90DNS(just in case) and connect to the internet just to use FTP, am I safe from getting banned?

2 How to safely boot back into OFW (Horizon OS, original firmware, whatever) without leaving any traces of CFW?

3 How do I update OFW without anything bad happening?
Is it as simple as just booting into OFW and clicking update or?

Thanks in Advance!

Reactions: Hmed

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
1) Yes.

2) If you keep your sysNAND clean you can safely use that for legit online (for the time being at least, Nintendo could start detecting the emuNAND files but in that case you could simply use a separate MicroSD for legit stuff). Just don't boot CFW on sysNAND ever and don't mess with the sysNAND contents and you are good.

3) Sure. It will burn fuses though but there is no real way to avoid that with updated OFW.

Reactions: Nezztor and Hmed

5viki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Shouldn't I be able to update OFW if I remove my SD card and everything that suggests that I was using CFW?

Thanks for the fast answer, by the way.

Last edited by 5viki,
Reactions: Hmed

CapCaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
2) If you keep your sysNAND clean you can safely use that for legit online (for the time being at least, Nintendo could start detecting the emuNAND files but in that case you could simply use a separate MicroSD for legit stuff). Just don't boot CFW on sysNAND ever and don't mess with the sysNAND contents and you are good.

Hi, what exactly do you mean by using a separate MicroSD for legit stuff?

Volthax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Hi, what exactly do you mean by using a separate MicroSD for legit stuff?
Ho ho ho!
2 sdcards, 1 for sysNAND and 1 for emuNAND.
However that is not needed anymore thanks to the amazing Team-Xecuter team!
You can now have an emuNAND that makes a partition on your SD-card!
Wahoo!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also... If I get online on the emuNAND BUT with other account than the sys one, would my console (sys and emu) be banned, or only the emuNAND?
The account isn't the thing that gets banned, it's the console specific cert, which can't be changed.
Ho ho ho!
Wahoo!
They could easily recognize the emuNAND header on the SD card if they really wanted to.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Mnecraft368

CapCaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ho ho ho!
Wahoo!

They could easily recognize the emuNAND header on the SD card if they really wanted to.

I’m new to the scene and to the Nintendo Switch in general - I just got my console last week (a launch model that took almost two years to be delivered), and now I’m waiting for my SX Pro to arrive.

Because of that, I’ve been trying to educate myself as much as I can in these last few days, so I don’t mess up when I can finally “hack” the device.

SysNAND and EmuNAND are two concepts that still confuse me. I’m still not sure at what point should I update my Switch (as to not burn any eFuses) and minimize the risk of detection.

This is what I got, so far:

1. Start the device in RCM;

2. Inject a payload (Hekate) via USB while in RCM;

3. Backup the SysNAND using Hekate (preferrable over SX’s alternative), as it’s done before even booting up the console;

4? Update the firmware to the latest version without burning eFuses using ChoiDuJour (not NX), so it can be done while still in RCM and before even loading a CFW (somehow minimizing the risk of detection, according to some users);

OR

4? Load SX OS after backing up the SysNAND, but before updating the console (I’m on 1.0.0), create an EmuNAND and THEN update the EmuNAND’s firmware to the latest version (how, exactly, I’m not sure).

What’s the difference between updating the firmware via ChoiDuJour in RCM (before even loading a CFW for the first time) and doing that via ChoiDuJourNX after creating an EmuNAND in SX OS?

I’d like to go with the safest option, even if it’s not the most practical. Also, regardless of the method, I should NEVER boot into the OFW (Horizon) while not in RCM, or the eFuses WILL be burned, correct?

I want to keep the SysNAND at 1.0.0 until there’s a boot option that doesn’t require a jig or at least the injection of a payload via USB.

Last edited by CapCaveman,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I’m new to the scene and to the Nintendo Switch in general - I just got my console last week (a launch model that took almost two years to be delivered), and now I’m waiting for my SX Pro to arrive.

Because of that, I’ve been trying to educate myself as much as I can in these last few days, so I don’t mess up when I can finally “hack” the device.

SysNAND and EmuNAND are two concepts that still confuse me. I’m still not sure at what point should I update my Switch (as to not burn any eFuses) and minimize the risk of detection.

This is what I got, so far:

1. Start the device in RCM;

2. Inject a payload (Hekate) via USB while in RCM;

3. Backup the SysNAND using Hekate (preferrable over SX’s alternative), as it’s done before even booting up the console;

4? Update the firmware to the latest version without burning eFuses using ChoiDuJour (not NX), so it can be done while still in RCM and before even loading a CFW (somehow minimizing the risk of detection, according to some users);

OR

4? Load SX OS after backing up the SysNAND, but before updating the console (I’m on 1.0.0), create an EmuNAND and THEN update the EmuNAND’s firmware to the latest version (how, exactly, I’m not sure).

What’s the difference between updating the firmware via ChoiDuJour in RCM (before even loading a CFW for the first time) and doing that via ChoiDuJourNX after creating an EmuNAND in SX OS?

I’d like to go with the safest option, even if it’s not the most practical. Also, regardless of the method, I should NEVER boot into the OFW (Horizon) while not in RCM, or the eFuses WILL be burned, correct?

I want to keep the SysNAND at 1.0.0 until there’s a boot option that doesn’t require a jig or at least the injection of a payload via USB.
Using ChoiDujour (not NX) to update might leave its own traces, I don't recommend that. The safest way is to make an emuNAND and update it with ChoiDujourNX, keep your sysNAND clean, update it officially and use that for online if you care about that (yes you will burn fuses when you update it but it doesn't really matter)

CapCaveman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Using ChoiDujour (not NX) to update might leave its own traces, I don't recommend that. The safest way is to make an emuNAND and update it with ChoiDujourNX, keep your sysNAND clean, update it officially and use that for online if you care about that (yes you will burn fuses when you update it but it doesn't really matter)

Another user recommended using that method (of using regular Choi) as it's done while still in RCM, without even booting into a CFW to use homebrew. Before that, I was planning on doing exactly what you said: loading SX OS (after I had already backed up the sysNAND), creating an emuNAND and then updating using ChoiNX.

I'm not planning on going online anytime soon, so I'll try to keep the sysNAND at 1.0.0, is that possible?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Another user recommended using that method (of using regular Choi) as it's done while still in RCM, without even booting into a CFW to use homebrew. Before that, I was planning on doing exactly what you said: loading SX OS (after I had already backed up the sysNAND), creating an emuNAND and then updating using ChoiNX.

I'm not planning on going online anytime soon, so I'll try to keep the sysNAND at 1.0.0, is that possible?
Indeed, it's safer than ChoiDujourNX, but it might work slightly differently than the official update method which could leave traces, plus since it's essentially flashing an entirely new system partition that could mean there are some logs that are wiped which could look suspicious.

Sure you can keep sysNAND at 1.0.0 but that begs the question if there is really a point to using emuNAND at all. Not like you can do much with a sysNAND that old.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1