Couple of questions about CFW

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Dead_Pixxel, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Dead_Pixxel
    OP

Dead_Pixxel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Hey ive hacked my Wiiu for a few weeks now and just learning about the scene, Ive set it up with MochaCFW + redNAND and installed my games to ExternalHDD.
    I've now set up HaxChi to boot into MochaCFW + redNAND. My question is can i copy my games from redNAND to sysNAND and use the CFW built in HaxChi? i dont want to use redNAND anymore as i have seen people say it can crash out and have to reinstall everything again.

Question 2.
    Why do i have to resync all my wii motes (motion plus built in) and Pro controllers everytime i load up MochaCFW?

Thanks

2. Kleyon

Kleyon GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2017
    France
    You'll have to access Mocha menu again and deactivate RedNand, then you'll need a partition manager software on PC to delete RedNand partition on SD card. AFAIK every game installed on RedNand needs to be reinstalled on SysNand.

Seems like this is normal, when launching RedNand some devices can be desynchronized.

3. Dead_Pixxel
    OP

Dead_Pixxel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the help, i guess saved games wont work either then? once ive reinstalled them to sysnand?

4. Kleyon

Kleyon GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2017
    France
    Oups sorry forgot that ! You can backup saves using Saviine before deleting RedNand and from RedNand ! And restaure them on SysNand after reinstalling concerned games.

Last edited by Kleyon, Jul 22, 2017
    Dead_Pixxel likes this.
  5. Dead_Pixxel
    OP

Dead_Pixxel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for your help, ill give that ago :)