Hacking Couple of questions about BootMii and the HackMii installer

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I basically just want to install it for the sake of the brick protection. I'll probably make the backups I need and then stick the files on my hard drive somewhere and continue using Preloader for boot. I had a few quick questions though.

- I already have DVDX installed using PatchMii (I have a chip, and that's apparently the easiest way to get it to work with a chip). Is there any reason to run the DVDx installer from the HackMii installer?

- Is there a way to remove BootMii yet?

- Has the Homebrew Channel been fixed to handle SDHC properly yet? I heard there was a bug before.

Thanks.

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
- No need to reinstall DVDx
- With HackMii Installer 0.2 you can uninstall BootMii
- HBC 1.03 (comes with HackMii Installer 0.2 ) supports SDHC and USB

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, thanks. One other quick question. I remember reading somewhere that you needed to format your SD card beforehand, or at least back everything up, because it would erase everything at some point during the installation (or maybe the NAND backup). Is this still true?

raptir

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some more issues, unfortunately. I downloaded the installer, used an elf->dol converter, but when I go to run it in the HBC it says that it is not a valid Wii application. Could it be an issue with my conversion or something?

Fiesty Panda

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raptir, you don't need a dol to elf converter, that's for gamecube homebrew, just rename it from boot.elf to boot.dol or vice versa. That might be your problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night