Hacking Couple of assorted questions for CycloDS Evolution

LinuxRevolution

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know this will have been asked a lot and it will probably seem like stupid questions to many of you, but here they are:

1. Why did the Cyclo guys remove real-time save feature. This really sucked because I was looking forward to this.

2. Why can slot 1 flashcarts not run GBA games? I thought that the DS had an integrated GBA processor to handle GBA games natively, so why couldn't some app just hack into that and allow GBA roms to be played?

Again, I'm not complaining, just asking as I am curious.

Thanks

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I remember reading something Normatt said.
Something about making a hypervisor to 'emulate' the GBA.
Point is, making a hypervisor is extremely hard, therefore, noone has made one yet.
Saying the DS isn't capable of emulating the GBA is a lie.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
RTS is definitely not disabled... They removed the ability to disable RTS in Settings, so RTS is enabled constantly.

Lenneth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.data-hosting.be
XP
Country
Belgium
To play GBA games on your DS you need a Slot-2 card like GBA Expansion Pack (RAM) (I have the one from the M3 perfect pack and it's work perfectly) or the EZ3 in 1 Slot-2 card.
These things cost maximum 15$ on internet shop.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
At the moment the iPlayer cart can emulate the GBA since it has additional RAM and processor in the cart. The Supercard DS Two which will be released in the future should also be able to emulate the GBA as well since it will come with similar hardware to the iPlayer. Any cart on the market could potentially emulate the GBA, of course, but without the additional hardware it would just run really, really slowly.

If you have a DS or the DSLite though the best option to run GBA games would be to get a Slot-2 expansion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like how Amazon just has one long Add to cart button now just in case I forget where it is