Couple of A9LH questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Shuttleu, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Shuttleu
    OP

Shuttleu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2010
    Hello,

I Have a n3ds on rxtools running 10.6 Emunand at the moment, booting via menuhax, but I'm looking to switch over to A9LH for faster booting.

I have already got my otp file and compiled A9LH, but before I install it, I just wanted to ask a couple of questions. I have had a search around but couldn't find the answer to my questions.

Other than the boot time and being able to restore the nand from a brick without opening the console, what other advantages are there? Can I get region free? Or is that something provided by the CFW, not the exploit?

As I'm currently using rxtools, is there anyway to boot the current version of rxtools that I already have, or would I need to get another version? If I need another version, is there one around with n3ds 10.6 support?

If the answer to the previous question is no and I have to use aureinand, does it have region free built in and n3ds 10.6 support?

2. MassExplosion213

MassExplosion213 .

Feb 15, 2015
    United States
    Regionfree is not provided by the exploit. There is an rxTools version that works with a9lh, however, I do not recommend it. rxTools is not as great as it once was. And AuReiNand works quite well. No native regionfree, however, freemultipatcher can handle that. And it does have N3DS 10.6 emunand support.

pbanj likes this.
  3. hongmieu999

hongmieu999 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2015
  4. Shuttleu
    OP

Shuttleu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2010
    The built in region free is the main reason I use rxtools. Thus the reason I haven't gone through with A9LH yet.

I guess I'll just have to be more careful which files I download and for the ones I can't get in eur I'll use FMP.

I also forgot a question I meant to ask. If for whatever reason I decide to remove A9LH, do I just flash my original nand back?

5. hongmieu999

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2015
    literally yes, just flash the Nand.bin and AuReiNand seem to be Region free too !

6. Gcentrex

Gcentrex GBAtemp Fan

Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    New York

It does not have region free

7. hongmieu999

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2015
    Then use the homebrew launcher instead !

8. Gcentrex

Gcentrex GBAtemp Fan

Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Not if they want online HANS does not load patch data, NTR 3.3 enables region free

9. Manuel9181

Manuel9181 GBAtemp Prosecutor

May 26, 2015
    Italy
    I'm using auReiNand on an european
    O3DS. I don't know how but I'm able to launch Monster Hunter X, Hyrule Warriors which are japanese cias and Zero Virtue's - Last Rewards (USA version) directly, without launching freemultipatcher before...

10. Gcentrex

Gcentrex GBAtemp Fan

Oct 29, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Pre patched to be region free

Manuel9181 likes this.
  11. hongmieu999

Newcomer
    Oct 14, 2015
    I thought that AuReiNand load the patched_firmware.bin to give Region free

12. Shuttleu
    OP

Shuttleu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2010
    OK, well I'm definitely going to go ahead with it, but just so I know for future reference, what other features does A9LH provide over other exploits such as menuhax which is what I'm currently using?