Hacking Couple EZIV Problems

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I got my EZIV Deluxe today. And I got my microsd ready a couple days ago. I put a bunch of GBA games on it(I'm only using it for GBA), and an ezfla_up.bin. It was one of Modulo's hacked loaders.

Well, when I put the microsd into the EZIV, and turned it on in my DS, I didn't hold R and update. I just ran the EZIV. I"m not sure what kernel it was. But the games played fine, and they soft reseted just fine.

Then...I held R to update with this hacked loader. And it updated. But then my games wouldn't soft reset. Well, I find out that Modulo's hacked loader disables soft reset. Which I don't want. So, I put another ezfla_up.bin on my microsd then held R to update. This .bin is suppose to be an official one, with soft reset. But I still don't have soft reset. I even tried another ezfla_up.bin, but I still don't have soft reset.

So does anyone know what's going on? Would anyone happen to have a link to a kernel that will give me soft reset in GBA games?

Now, my other problem is The Legend of Spyro The Eternal Night, for the GBA. It won't write to my microsd. I load the game into my EZIV Client, then when I hit Send, I get a little message box in Chinese jibberish. Then I hit Ok in that message, and then the client crashes.

So I thought it was my romlist, so I updated it. But I think that romlist is only for DS games? Because I'm still having the same problem. I've written close to a hundred GBA games to my microsd, and this is the only one that has given my trouble.

Can anyone help me out with these two problems? I'm pretty lost with this, and I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

EDIT: Well, I got the soft reset thing fixed, but still having problems with the GBA game.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's possible you don't have enough space on your SD card. Also try unchecking both of the check boxes. If neither of these works just copy the rom across manually, it should work just fine.

Also there are two seperate lists for GBA and NDS games, so make sure you update the GBA one (I don't think spyro will be in it however, because it's very recent - FAST maintains the list so maybe you should ask him
smile.gif
).

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Dirtie. So FAST is where I get the latest GBA list, or is there somewhere else I can get it?

Thanks again.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You do not actually need name lists (I have not updated the GBA one for months so my apologies for those who wanted to easily add one of the 6 roms released since then), you just need to add a name to the box in the top left of the client.

If it does not work with EZ4 Clients patching mechanisms (very unlikely) then GBATA should be able to patch it:
http://www.gbadat.altervista.org/tools.htm

When it says it disables soft reset it should just mean that a hard reset is done before loading (you will see the nintendo logo instead of it not being there).

Also look up BOMA (GBATA should allow in game as well) if you really want soft reset.

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I was loading the rom already zipped into the client. But after I unzipped the rom into its own folder, it sent to my microsd with no problem. But the rom turned up as only .gba on my microsd. So I had to rename it. No biggie.

I'm having a new problem though, that I'm hoping you can help me with Fast. The last few games in the GBA menu, are showing up as corrupt. Instead of having the GBA icon next to the game new, it just has a folder icon. And some of the games have some kind of jibberish, instead of the actual name of the game.

So, when I try to load the game from the GBA loader, the game won't load. But when I load these games from the NDS loader, the games load, play, and save just fine.

So would you have a solution to getting these games not to show up as corrupt in the GBA loader? It's only the last three or four games. All the other games in the GBA loader show up like they should.

Thank you for your help.

EDIT: I just patched the game with BOMA Front-End, and the game still won't soft reset. I hit Start+Select+A+B and it doesn't reset. Maybe I'm suppose to tick the Manual Mode box. I don't know, this cart is being a real pain in the ass.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass