Couple broken R4's (video)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by effer, Feb 23, 2007.

Feb 23, 2007

Couple broken R4's (video) by effer at 12:28 AM (727 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. effer
    OP

Newcomer effer Newbie

United States
    Got two R4's in the mail today from Kicktrading.ca, but they both appear to be broken. One has a faulty mechanism for keeping the microSD card inside the cart, the other does not make it past the first loading screen. I have 2 microSD cards to interchange, but the problem is clearly the R4's.

I can get one of the R4's to work by holding in the microSD with my finger. If I could fix this problem on my own without chance of breaking it, I would consider. Anyone try?

The other R4 has made it past the loading screen randomly, but only on 2 occasions out of countless tries.

Bad luck or bad design? I don't know. Check out the video of what I've described above if it interests you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMQvxnBLqwQ

2. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    e-mail kicktrading and tell them, i have ordered from them in the past, , but since the R4 box is factory sealed they dont really know and its the R4 factory fault, tell them both of the products you ordered were defective out of the box and dont tamper with them, they will send you a replacement as long as you dont tamper with the R4 since they have techs look at them.

3. Takrin

Member Takrin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    What do you guys do with broken R4 ds? toss em out? use tape? or is there a place for repair?

was wondering if i should just buy up broken R4DS and fix it or start a R4 Repair service