War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hey guys. My younger brother wants me tog et Counter Strike for him on my computer (my mom doesn't really trust him online >___>;) I researched it a bit, but I found several versions. One was called Source or something like that... is that the best version?

Also, do you need to buy the game? Do you need to play for online capabilities? Does it require a good gaming computer, or will mine run it fine?

My computer specs:

Pentium  4 CPU 3.06GHz
504MB of Ram
Dual Core Processor

Thanks!

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't call it the best, because of all the hours i spent on Counter-Strike 1.6.

I have Source, i just haven't played it as much, but you should definitely go with CSS (Counter Strike Source).
and you can certainly run them.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Remember that Source is the name of the engine Half-Life 2 runs in, so yeah, Counter-Strike Source is the best version.

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any of the Counter Strike games will provide hundreds of hours of play, trust me. Just don't get addicted, I played for a few years and they were good for slow Sundays.

James B.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pentium ® 4 CPU 3.06GHz
504MB of Ram
Dual Core Processor

Thanks!

Uhh.. Pentium 4s aren't dual core. I think you might have the one with hyper threading and be confused.

But yes.. that should run source..

But watch out for the trash talkers on games.. they can be innapropriate, along with the goatse sprays everywhere. Just make sure he goes in a nice server
tongue.gif

(you did say he was little)

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
He's notreally "little" per se. He's 14 years old. My mom just treats him like a child.

Okay, so it sounds like I should get Source! I might end up playing it a little too :3 Hopefully some tempers can show me around.

What do you mean by "you have to get Steam", redeyez? I don't fully understand that.

However, once I "buy" Source, it should be just run the exe and play, right? No complicatedness?

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I wouldn't call it the best, because of all the hours i spent on Counter-Strike 1.6.
Pretty much summed for me. Plus Source would kill your RAM since it's not very high. I still play 1.6 even today. >_>
Scout ftw.

EDIT: Pirating Source isn't good. Since you need to BUY a Source Steam account to play on the online servers. Despite having the game itself.

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There are no monthly payments for steam. CS is a one time payment of $5 and CS:S is like 25. I'm sure he could reach into his piggy bank and find 20 quarters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things