Counsel me on sending a flashed DS Lite in

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by kalibar, Jun 24, 2006.

Jun 24, 2006
  1. kalibar
    OP

Member kalibar GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Long story short, my FlashMe'd v7 DS Lite is acting the fuck up -- the L button only accepts inputs about half of the time, and it's driving me effing crazy. I'm going to send the unit to Nintendo to see if they can fix it, but first I need to know about my warranty. I've heard that running noflashme on DS Lites doesn't work or didn't do something or angered some voodoo god or someshit, but I'm not about to send in a flashed DS for service. Anyway, I just ran noflashme on my Lite, and it said it installed firmware version "NDS-V6" which sounds fine and dandy. I booted the unit back up, and my brightness control remains perfectly intact, the health & safety screen is there, and it ignored my G6 Flash but ran my legal copy of Kart DS with no problems whatsoever.

Is there anything else I need to do to cover my flashing tracks? What's the supposed issue that noflashme and DS Lites have, or am I making this shit up?

Thanks for your help, you guys are the greatest.

2. yuwing

Member yuwing GBAtemp Fan

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    WHere did you buy ti from? If u bought it from a store with good exchange/return policy, mayeb u can skip nintendo altogether [​IMG]

3. kalibar
    OP

Member kalibar GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Wal-Mart, midnight launch.

I guess I'm kinda hoping Nintendo will repair the unit instead of giving me a fresh one. In your guys' experience, do they usually swap them out for refurbs or new units or what?

EDIT: Also, I just returned something to Wal-Mart a week or so ago. I feel like they'll probably get a little irritated if I bring in yet another item and expect an exchange.

4. akuma99

Member akuma99 GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Well the only DS I have had to send to nintendo was my old normal DS. It was well passed it's return to store date and it had a cracked screen. They did send me what looked to me like a brand new one. Mine was flashed but I did like you and ran the noflashme thing and I guess they didn't even notice it had ever been flashed. Also I don't see why Wal'Mart would get upset if you exchanged it. I think you get 30 days return policy on it I'm not sure. I once had to return a portable cd player 3 times because each one had something different wrong with it they just said OK and let me get a new one. After all it's their job to make the customer happy and if your DS Lite is messed up you arn't happy. Plus it's cheaper than sending it to nintendo since there is no shipping and all.

5. XxMxVxPxX

Member XxMxVxPxX GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United States
    try picto chat. and do you honestly give a shit what walmart thinks of you? lol

6. TheRocK

Member TheRocK GBAtemp Fan

Featured Posts:
    Germany
    i think they have so many customers they won't remind you anyway, i would just give it a try.

7. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    I felt kind of bad returning my DS Lite that had only 1 stuck pixel in it, but there's something you need to realize. You spent $130 of your own cash on this system. You deserve a system in perfect working order. So return it to wal-mart and if they say anything, tell them to give you your $130 back and you will go elsewhere to buy a working version of the system.

8. ole jason

Member ole jason GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    Just return it to walmart and get a new one. I can assure you none of the people there really give a shit if walmart loses money or not [​IMG]

9. Tomobobo

Member Tomobobo Champion.

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Wal-mart doesn't look down on people. Believe me. But even if you were to send it into ninty, just stealth it, and hope for the best. At the worst, ninty'll just send it back to you.

10. yuwing

Member yuwing GBAtemp Fan

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    Yep, they get like minimum wage, and walmart is a big company, they can lose $130 and that will seem like a penny to them/

11. ron555

Member ron555 GBAtemp Fan

Featured Posts:
    Walmart is by far one of the biggest scum companies in the world.

I just watched this documentary and won't be doing any business with them. Ever.

12. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Wal-Mart, K-Mart & Target are great places for returns, very little hassle.
    Best Buys on the other hand are bastards at returns. Just take it to Wal-Mart.

13. science

Member science science rules

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    You haven't met my brother! Hes crazy, he buys walmart merch off ebay and takes pride in it lol. And did you guys know that when walmart opens and closes for the day, everyone in the store get arround and chant, its like a cult. Give me a W! W!! Give me an A! A!!!

14. ole jason

Member ole jason GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    How old is he? Is he a manager? Sometimes you meet older people who get into that shit and take "pride" in their work but most people who work there, including me, could care less what happens to the company.

The walmart cheer is a joke haha I just stand there when they do that stuff.

15. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    I bet it cost nintendo more to repair the DS than to send a new one out.

16. Kagaden

Newcomer Kagaden Advanced Member

Featured Posts:
    United States
    I just got my DSL back from Nintendo (took around 5 days w/ shipping... wtf! So fast!) for it having 2 stuck pixels and they sent me a new one. I hadn't flashed the unit yet but I'm planning to... just can't find a damn screwdriver small enough [​IMG]

17. Tomobobo

Member Tomobobo Champion.

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Walmart cheer? ahhaha.

18. akuma99

Member akuma99 GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Ever since my experience with the CD player I mentioned before I don't go to Spral-Mart too much. Maybe once every couple of months everytime I go there I feel like I need to take a bath because I am surrounded by more white trash than a Britney Spears family reunion.

19. ron555

Member ron555 GBAtemp Fan

Featured Posts:
    Hahahahha`