Hacking Couldnt Find _DS_MENU.DAT

lobfredd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every firmware i tried awhile ago worked (wood, official from r4ds.me and ysmenu)
But now i Get couldnt Find _DS_MENU.DAT with every firmware Even tho it is in root!!
I have tried formatting my sd card many times etc (sandisk 2gb)
With my 32gb it just says loading forever...
The card is from dealextreme.com and the name is just R4. (as far as i can see)

Any suggestions on how to fix this it?

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since it worked but not any more, maybe the SD card is worn down? Maybe good enough for a real SD card reader but not enough for the R4.

A simple check for this is to try with another SD card. Make sure to use a normal SD card and not an SDHC type (e.a. 1 of 2 GB micro SD), the R4 cannot use SDHC cards. If it works with that then something is wrong with your current SD card, buy another.

Another remote possibility is dirty connectors on the SD card or the SD-slot of the R4. I say remote possibility because in that case the R4 normally shows "Couldn't find the SD/TF card", but maybe it doesn't do that not always?

Also be sure to use FAT16 or FAT32, the R4 can't read NTFS. If you use NTFS then Windows will see the files in the root of the card but the R4 will not. Best use the Panasonic SD formatter to format the card, not the format option from Windows.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?