Couldent you just use a regular NFC tag and write the amiibo codes to it instaid?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Guinea, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Guinea
    OP

Guinea That one computer nerd...

Sep 13, 2015
    United States
    Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
    Like, I know alot about NFC as I have a tablet that can read and write NFC, and I know that all the amiibos are, is a little action figure with a NFC tag that has a code that when tapped on the new 3DS XL NFC reader, reads the code and activates the in-game function. So, why dont we just buy a bunch of NFC tags off amazon and rip the codes from the amiibos and post them online so other people can write them to their tags with a app on android or a NFC reader/writer and not have to buy the amiibos themselves?

MIND BLOWN!

2. socram8888

socram8888 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2009
    Valencia, Spain
    Encryption is based on tag's UID, which is unique per tag as its name says. So you can't use a dump from another amiibo and put it on a blank tag.

3. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Lets pirate all our games and amiibos and play everything on emulators. That way Nintendo is sure to go out of business forever!

4. _Tim_

_Tim_ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2013
    Belgium
    Yes, it is possible but you need to have the right software to do it. Also, once you turn a blank NTAG215 tag into an amiibo, the character (Mario, Luigi, Bowser, etc.) cannot be changed anymore due to certain pages being permanently write-locked.

yuyuyup likes this.
  5. SomeGamer

SomeGamer Within Hyrule Castle

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    The video is private.

6. _Tim_

_Tim_ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2013
    Belgium
    Sorry, fixed.