Hacking Could you use a memory stick to sd card adapter for two 500 gb cards?

Plazorn

GBAtemp’s Dragon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a good deal on Amazon for 500 gb micro sd cards, two of them make a terabyte. by using an adapter, it would fit into a PSP, could it handle such memory?

Solution
The PSP itself is capable of reading up to 2TB when running any CFW (I think officially it's like 128GB or something?), so if you did get two 500GB cards that should theoretically work fine.

However, it's the adapter you get that will matter the most, as some adapters don't support the SDXC cards required to hit high capacities like that. Unfortunately there's no "guaranteed" adapter that will work, because at this point they're all random Chinese trash so it's impossible to say what you'll get. But you can follow this guide for general information on finding a proper Pro Duo adapter that will support larger cards: https://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=48418 <

It also includes tips on formatting and things like that as well.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theoretically, the memory stick has a limit of either 1 or 2TBs, but I can't guarantee this would work. that's an awful lot of space for something as old as the psp.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've heard of at least 256GB with the 3ds, and I know from experience that the switch can use 1TB. I think the limit on the switch is 2TBs, not sure about the 3ds.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The PSP itself is capable of reading up to 2TB when running any CFW (I think officially it's like 128GB or something?), so if you did get two 500GB cards that should theoretically work fine.

However, it's the adapter you get that will matter the most, as some adapters don't support the SDXC cards required to hit high capacities like that. Unfortunately there's no "guaranteed" adapter that will work, because at this point they're all random Chinese trash so it's impossible to say what you'll get. But you can follow this guide for general information on finding a proper Pro Duo adapter that will support larger cards: https://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=48418 <

It also includes tips on formatting and things like that as well.

Solution

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might wanna be careful to see that the 500GB SD you're looking at on Amazon isn't some sketchy bootleg. There are a lot of cheap, 'high-capacity' cards on there that only truly have 16GB or so, and are hacked to say they can fit 500GB or 1TB.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's usually the best idea - make sure they're sold and shipped by Amazon.com as well to help avoid bootlegs. Most no-name SD manufacturers are kinda sketchy, if it's considerably cheaper than sandisk and the like it's probably fake

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What @CeeDee said. And when you get it test it with h2testw to know for sure. Do not get any brand other than Samsung/Sony/Sandisk/Kingston. Also check for the price, if it's too low from the official price on the manufacturer's site, then it's most likely a fake, even on Amazon.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I disagree with CoolMe above. There are other brands out there that are just as reputable. I'm a big fan of Silicon Power lately and have no issue recommending them as I've used half a dozen of their microSD cards without issue. You do need to be cautious not to buy an unbranded card or anything with high probability of being fake, but there are plenty of other brands that are just as good as the ones listed.

I can personally vouch for at least Silicon Power, Toshiba, and PNY having decent memory cards that meet advertised specifications. I've also once purchased a Samsung microSD that was perfectly legitimate from Amazon that arrived DOA, so I actually tend to avoid that brand if I can.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi @Plazorn You say that one of your 32gb SD cards just got corrupted. Out of curiosity, what is it that corrupted this one? It's not RPG2000 player, which in a recent thread (tutorial) of yours you recommended to other users?
If so, good thing I haven't tried it yet... hehe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning