Gaming could you name some good japanese games for the ds?

nin10do

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
could you name some good Japaneses games for the ds? ones that haven't been translated or simply don't have an english version.

Tigerstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, Ouendan and Ouendan 2 are the obvious ones (yes, we have Elite Beat Agents, but that's a different game with the same gameplay); they also have the advantage of not having to know a word of Japanese to be able to play them.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Space Invaders Extreme is really good, especially with the paddle, and doesn't need any translation to really understand and enjoy. Phoenix Wright japanese games have dual language option...theres also a drum game called Taijou something, I forget, but thats really good too!

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jpxdude said:
theres also a drum game called Taijou something, I forget, but thats really good too!

Taiko no Tatsujin.

Amazing game, but trust me on this one : the arcade version blows pretty much anything away. I love playing this game with my girlfriend
smile.gif

nin10do

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
i really liked th concept of Ouendan 2, it was really good for a laugh too, but wasn't too pleased with the song selection. ( i do listen to a fair amount of Japanese music )

i can understand basic Japanese so its cool if the games need slightly more complex instructions.

i was on my way home on the bus once and this guy next to me was playing some Japanese game. there was a grind on the lower screen and the guy was zooming from one section to another fighting different battalions or something and there were close ups of the stuff in the upper screen. still haven't been able to find what it was called. seed like it was set in space. (thats all i remember about it
wacko.gif
.)

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nin10do said:
i was on my way home on the bus once and this guy next to me was playing some Japanese game. there was a grind on the lower screen and the guy was zooming from one section to another fighting different battalions or something and there were close ups of the stuff in the upper screen. still haven't been able to find what it was called. seed like it was set in space. (thats all i remember about it
wacko.gif
.)

SD Gundam G Generation DS?

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Ktaro said:
puchi eva - evangelion game
tongue.gif

Disregard this one >_>
There was this japanese airplane jetfighter out as well, the rom number was 700 something. It was really good.
I think it was called Jet Impulse.

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blebleman said:
jpxdude said:
theres also a drum game called Taijou something, I forget, but thats really good too!

Taiko no Tatsujin.

Amazing game, but trust me on this one : the arcade version blows pretty much anything away. I love playing this game with my girlfriend
smile.gif

I see there are two different scene releases

1235 - Taiko no Tatsujin DS Touch de Dokodon (J)(iND).rar
1413 - Taiko no Tatsujin DS v01 (J)(iND).rar

Is the second one just a fixed one or does it have different content?

buddha-kun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gblock247 said:
I see there are two different scene releases

1235 - Taiko no Tatsujin DS Touch de Dokodon (J)(iND).rar
1413 - Taiko no Tatsujin DS v01 (J)(iND).rar

Is the second one just a fixed one or does it have different content?

it fixes a save bug wherein something fucks up when you have a 3rd save file...

xjenova

Trophies
XP
Country
Although a very underrated game, i recommend ASH - Archaic Sealed Heat.

I am some 20 hours into the game and i love it. Great visuals (in battle; on the field gfx sucks), good voices and nice cg-scenes.

I really wish they make an english localization of this game, but seeing as how it failed in Japan there is little hope of that coming to America.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: